Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The university I'm holding an offer from requires to apply for income assessment via Student Loans Company in order to be eligible to receive the grant from the university.

As I'm an EU student, I was wondering what kind of procedure this would be for me and what kind of proofs on my family financial status I would be required to provide.

Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by blowingwinds)
    The university I'm holding an offer from requires to apply for income assessment via Student Loans Company in order to be eligible to receive the grant from the university.

As I'm an EU student, I was wondering what kind of procedure this would be for me and what kind of proofs on my family financial status I would be required to provide.

Thanks in advance.
    Contact the university and ask if you can provide evidence directly. If you're an EU student claiming funding for tuition fees only then SFE will not assess your income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Contact the university and ask if you can provide evidence directly. If you're an EU student claiming funding for tuition fees only then SFE will not assess your income.
    I contacted them and they said that the system changed this year (for 2016/2017 entry) and apparently now once you've applied for the Tuition Fee Loan, the SFE will then send you forms for household income assessment. So I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me more details on what documentation is actually required.

Also, now that the Tuition Fee Loan form for new EU students is up, I saw that in the part where it deals with previous study, there's a question: "If you did not achieve a qualification for any course listed above, why was this?" (with the evidence mark) but in the explanation says that evidence is only needed to back up compelling personal circumstances (excluding academic performance), so from what I understand the evidence needed is only that for the compelling circumstances resulting in dropping out (if there were any) and not the actual course details/attendance, etc?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.