Turn on thread page Beta

SFE login - An unknown error has caused the application to stop working watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to login to my account for days and am getting:

"An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.

Try and log into your account later and resume your application.
    If you continue to see this message, contact Student Finance England. "

This is on Google chrome, IE, Firefox etc, and have tried clearing cache. I can see there were similar threads last year, ie

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2592355

and I just wanted to start a thread for those having problems this year. Obviously having submitted my application nice and early, I am not keen for SFE's own intermittent problems to delay my applications for finance / DSA etc when things seemed well in hand.

Previous advise seemed to be "wait and see, and send paper application at some unspecified point in the future". Can I expect the same advise? Since people in the thread from last year seemed to wait a long time (and I did not hear from anyone who actually had their account fixed once this error appeared) I feel it might be better to submit via paper right away rather than leave things in the lap of the gods?

Given that I submitted my DSA application by paper, I am hoping that at least is not going to be lost even if my account is irretrievable???

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.