Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I'm reapplying for student finance for my second year of study. I've come to the question about who I'm living with and I'm confused as to what to select. Since I have moved out for my first year, do I put down that I live with neither parent? They have not supported me financially through my first year and won't throughout the second year, however I still go back to visit on holidays (non term-time). Does this count as living with them? Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by 2824matt)
    Hi, so I'm reapplying for student finance for my second year of study. I've come to the question about who I'm living with and I'm confused as to what to select. Since I have moved out for my first year, do I put down that I live with neither parent? They have not supported me financially through my first year and won't throughout the second year, however I still go back to visit on holidays (non term-time). Does this count as living with them? Thanks in advance.
    They're expecting to see whether they should assess your parents combined income or the household income of one of them if they're separated.

The realities of the situation don't actually matter - they just want to know if you're still classed as dependent and if so who to chase for financial information.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. So I assume, since I still technically 'live' with my parents out of term time I would be classed as dependent?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by 2824matt)
    Ah okay. So I assume, since I still technically 'live' with my parents out of term time I would be classed as dependent?
    Unfortunately yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Unfortunately yes.
    Well, here's to another year of debt-stricken poverty! Thanks for the answer though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.