Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

23, male, never been kissed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potter2000)
    Yeah I said so in my first post. Had plenty of 'dates', and also got girls' numbers to meet them for dinner, but they always saw me as a friend from the start rather than a romantic date.
    Argh well when you're in your 40's you will be turning down all the women trying to pull you

A simple solution is you can't miss what you don't know.

ReputationRep:
    OK, what you need to do is, find the most drunk/biggest munter in a club, and just lunge. Dive at her face. Its bound to work.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend to be someone else. Lie often and cheat. Also buy occasional gifts. These are the secrets to both winning and losing women. Use sparingly.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're really fit too! I'm starting Uni in London in September, hopefully see you around!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    OK, what you need to do is, find the most drunk/biggest munter in a club, and just lunge. Dive at her face. Its bound to work.
    LOL, so graphic!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, this is my first post.

I'm 23, male, got great friends, a really good job in London, a nice car etc, am very social and outgoing - do pubs and clubs and a lot of sport, and not bad looking. But I've just never been able to get a girl, in fact I've never been kissed. Every girl I've ever asked out has turned me down, and I just can't understand why. They give different reasons which make little sense, just saying there isn't a spark, though girls always want to be friends with me.

I'm quite confident and have no problems meeting girls, getting their number, taking them out etc, but they all just want to be friends. Some call me regularly for chats and see me as their "best guy friend", say "you're the nicest guy in the world" etc, so it's just frustrating that I can't seem to do get a relationship. My male friends are really baffled as to why I've never had a girlfriend or can't even pull, have tried matchmaking but it just ends up with more female friends.

I've been given every cliche in the book. For example "You'll find that perfect person soon". Well at age 23 and having been turned down my entire life I'm losing faith in that. Also "don't go out looking for it", well even when I haven't, no difference has been made.

Even though I've worked so hard and achieved a lot to get where I am today, I feel like such a failure about it. I feel I've missed out on some of the most important parts of growing up - first kiss, dating, long term relationships, sex etc, and it gets frustrating seeing most of my mates in couples, or pulling someone every other night, or constantly talking about romance, I feel so left out, and no matter what I do there's been no luck.

It also frustrates me to see so many guys who can get girls taking it for granted, treating them badly, cheating on them etc, I know if I could get a girl I'd treat them so well, but have never had the opportunity to show this. I've heard girls talking about guys they're dating "Oh my God he's only had 2 girlfriends, he'll be so inexperienced" etc, I feel my situation must be so odd and unexplainable.
    You my friend, are a loser. Nothing more to it.
    Stop watching these American films which tell you that you will one day 'date' the head cheerleader i.e. the popular, goodlooking bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I said so in my first post. Had plenty of 'dates', and also got girls' numbers to meet them for dinner, but they always saw me as a friend from the start rather than a romantic date.
    You clearly need to make your intentions more clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane_Filan)
    iz u az fit as my angel?
    you're just going to have to keep guessing and wondering aren't you.

an bhfuil to as do meabhair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamFoster)
    You my friend, are a loser. Nothing more to it.
    Stop watching these American films which tell you that you will one day 'date' the head cheerleader i.e. the popular, goodlooking bunch.
    This coming from the person who said that LSE graudates get more sex because they can afford more prositutes. Kindly f**k off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    charters! haven't seen you for a while :rolleyes:
    Never fear Cate :rolleyes: I am back
    Slap bang in the middle of the a-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    huh? they r finished yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane_Filan)
    Pardon? Please type properly, I cannot abide such nonsense!

Tut!
    Shane, you obviously didnt pay very much attention in your irish classes.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    the problem here is simple. you are being too much of a friend to the girls you meet and then when it comes to asking them out it is too wierd for them because they only see you as a friend. you have to just make it obvious you are interested from the start and im sure you wont have any problems. and when you go out be confident and dont be shy because girls dont like that. seriosuly mate.... i dont think you have issues in the looks department so you should have no problem. you dont act like a gay guy do you ?? cus girls love that for friendship but will never see you as a bf.
    Thats the only thing I could come up with as well, I thought he might just be super camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    You're still doing them? :eek: I thought they'd all finished?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very good post Endorf, sounds about right. Nope, not that camp. So... same confidence, but for more explicitly romantic rather than friendship intention, without being sleazy! Cheers ppl, I'm off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    huh? they r finished yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    yes, they are finished now but I haven't been on here because of them...The exams are finished but the results aren't out yet, so technically they aren't!
    Basically to the guy who started this thread, I don't get it. Maybe you have really bad B.O :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is this thread a joke?

Are you trying to say that no girl ever has tried to chat you up or kiss you?

Not even in a club? I find that really really hard to believe, are you possibly too picky? or worse too clingy? maybe come over as a bit desperate? There has to be a reason, I certainly dont believe that crap about some men being able to get with girls and others not being able to, girls go for all kinds of blokes I cant believe that there isnt one girl out there that wouldnt snog you.
    Do you have some freakish hobbies? A BO problem? (have to ask)

Do you have many friends? Male or female?

ReputationRep:
    it'll happen eventually. You sound like the "non fancyable type". I have a friend who is the nicest guy you've ever met - if you tried to hate him, you ended up hating yourself. But all the girls i talked to said that "he's a friend....just not fancyable"....and then after a week of this conversation some girl had ask him out and he's happy as larry...except i think larry lost his job the other week, so larry probably isnt that happy!

ReputationRep:
    what about putting yourself in an environment where girls wont automatically see you as a friend. Try something like speed dating it can be a good night out with your mates and its not as awkward or as sad as a dating agency.

ReputationRep:
    AT, dating agencies ain't sad.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.