Turn on thread page Beta

Article: Five steps to getting your revision started watch

ReputationRep:
    How to get preparred for revision: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-for-revision

Will you be planning your revision? Or are you thinking that you'll just dive straight in?

ReputationRep:
    Whoop Thank you x :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha when I think of preparing to revise I mostly consider what study snack to eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treen98)
    Haha when I think of preparing to revise I mostly consider what study snack to eat
    Haha :mmm: Fair enough- that's important too! I always enjoy a cheeky cheese on toast while revising. I feel that the amount of time it takes to make cheese on toast is the perfect time to be away from studying... it's not too long, but you feel like you get a good enough break

ReputationRep:
    The one thing bugging me about this post is the misspelling of 'stationery' but otherwise these are very useful tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonnaBeMyYear)
    The one thing bugging me about this post is the misspelling of 'stationery' but otherwise these are very useful tips
    Nooo!!! I'm so sorry!

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm editing this right now.

:yikes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    Nooo!!! I'm so sorry!

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm editing this right now.

:yikes:
    You're welcome I hope I didn't offend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonnaBeMyYear)
    You're welcome I hope I didn't offend
    Absolutely not
    Thank you for letting me know. I didn't have time to proof read it before I put it live on the site... I won't be making that mistake again.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not
    Thank you for letting me know. I didn't have time to proof read it before I put it live on the site... I won't be making that mistake again.
    Hehehe good

ReputationRep:
    I start with a list of everything I need to do. In total. So every section of notes I need to do, every past paper, every set of practice question. I then set an overexaggerated estimated time of completion for each. Then I pick the first few things/ most urgent, and do them for the next few days, seeing how much study or certain types I can bare a day. I then use this to create a very flexible, but technically strict, revision plan, from now until when it needs to get done. I account for days of week, free lessons, weekends, half terms etc, allowing me to be efficient. I then, if necessary, start to cut down from the total workload, so I don't over-do myself into a pit of boredom xD This involves skipping certain past papers (usually the older jan ones), and only doing every other question of a textbook for a section I find particularily easy.

Other than that, I just revise. Which is clearly the main part that most people miss out

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use revision timetables as I find I don't really stick to them and that my timetable varies week to week depending on the amount of h/w I get,school events, etc. Whoever's like me and doesn't use a timetable shouldn't be worried/put off- just make sure you are wary of the amount of time you have left to revise, and do so in your own way that works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treen98)
    XD That's definitely what I do. Most of the time, I just eat the snacks though, and get no revision done... whoops

ReputationRep:
    I tend to read over the notes for my whole course (AS or A2) right before I go to bed at night. Then, I would do past papers in the day. Worked a charm, as it gave me a C in AS Computer Science with two weeks revision

This year I will be revising a lot eralier however. See how much of a difference it can make.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.
    You're the real M.V.P!

ReputationRep:
    Haha :mmm: Fair enough- that's important too! I always enjoy a cheeky cheese on toast while revising. I feel that the amount of time it takes to make cheese on toast is the perfect time to be away from studying... it's not too long, but you feel like you get a good enough break
    This is a great idea

ReputationRep:
    My sisters been doing this for the past five years, she came in with 5A SATS, she was getting A* in her mocks without revising! However when she was put under observation from teachers ensuring she followed these steps, she failed!

my friend and i are scared, help us out please?

thanks,
    shahanne

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.