Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Easement help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am completely stuck on a question regarding easements, and whether or not they transfer when the benefiting tenant sells their property, It won't let me post the whole question here,
    but it involves someone who is a freehold owner of an estate (K) who sells a toll house, on that property to (L), The toll house has access to a main road, but it also has a track running behind it that leads to a beauty spot, (L) needs to go onto (K)s land often to repair the Toll house, In 2008 (K) grants a 1 year lease to (M), over a cottage on that land, saying she can park her car behind in, on K's land, and use a tool shed, K then renews this lease, for 10 years, but is silent on the tool shed and car park,G, then buys the Land of K, and tried to stop L and M from trespassing on his land.

Let me know if I've left any important information out, Thank you so, so much

ReputationRep:
    1. Kingston is the freehold owner of a country estate, Gatsby Park, and lives there in Gatsby House. In 2007 Kingston sold the old Toll House on the estate to Lisa. The Toll House has access to the main road, but there has always been a track leading from it across the rest of Gatsby Park to Dingley Dell, a nearby beauty spot. Since 2007 the Toll House has needed frequent repairs, and Lisa has often had to go on to the land retained by Kingston in order to carry these out.

ReputationRep:
    In 2008 Kingston granted a one-year lease to Mary of an old cottage on the estate. At that time he said that Mary could park her car on a piece of land behind Gatsby House itself, and that she could store her garden tools and equipment in an outbuilding also used by Kingston. In January 2009 Kingston renewed the tenancy, granting Mary a lease for ten years, but nothing was said about parking or use of the outbuilding.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.