Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am so completely unhappy at the minute, I've just absolutely had enough of everything. My job (career) is making me miserable, I dread going in everyday. It's so hard to explain because I like the job, just not where I am working. I have tried speaking to my boss but nothing is changing. I'm so uncomfortable. I'm not sleeping, I cry every single day, I never leave my house unless it is to go to work. I wake up in the morning feeling sick to my stomach that I have to force myself through another day. I'd give anything to quit and just stay home all day every day. Feel so low and I can't cope with it any more. I keep meaning to go the doctors but I just feel so pathetic.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am so completely unhappy at the minute, I've just absolutely had enough of everything. My job (career) is making me miserable, I dread going in everyday. It's so hard to explain because I like the job, just not where I am working. I have tried speaking to my boss but nothing is changing. I'm so uncomfortable. I'm not sleeping, I cry every single day, I never leave my house unless it is to go to work. I wake up in the morning feeling sick to my stomach that I have to force myself through another day. I'd give anything to quit and just stay home all day every day. Feel so low and I can't cope with it any more. I keep meaning to go the doctors but I just feel so pathetic.
    Sorry things are so difficult at the moment. I know it's hard but the doctors is the best place to go if you can- they can offer you medication, counselling, therapy, help with sleep etc or even just help you feel not quite as alone if someone else knows about it. It's not pathetic at all, they see people like you every day and they're there to help. Write down what you want to say or even just print out what you wrote here, make an appointment and go in and hand it to them, then hopefully they can help come up with the best course of action for you. You can do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 days response time for someone who is clearly very desperate? This section needs serious work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    4 days response time for someone who is clearly very desperate? This section needs serious work.
    well said
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There's other stuff that goes on behind the scenes that's happened first, it's only been back on the forum a day or so so not as bad as it seems! I agree response times could be faster though, you're always welcome to have a go yourself and help us out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yh it can get really tough at times, it's a good thing to have friends by your side when you're feeling down. You mind if i ask what work do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    There's other stuff that goes on behind the scenes that's happened first, it's only been back on the forum a day or so so not as bad as it seems! I agree response times could be faster though, you're always welcome to have a go yourself and help us out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll have to disagree with that, if someone is used to being ignored in real life and posts a desperate thread like this four days is a lot of time and might push them over the edge, I don't imagine people come here unless they are quite serious in the first place. Have you considered moving this section? I'll help out but I forget it exists some of the time and it seems displaced by sexual and other health related issues.

ReputationRep:
    Nicely put

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Go to your Drs or sign yourself off. From what you write your job is making you ill and stressing you out. If it isnt your job , but the workplace, then can you seek a transfer? You dont identify specific aspects of whats making you unhappy, such as bullying , overwork etc.

If you cnat seek a transfer then you need to look for a new job.

You cna ofc tell HR and get signed off by your GP for stress, which panics them and they cna make allowances, but it has other implications, so think carefully.

In the long run you need to take some steps to get out or make change as its no way to carry on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll have to disagree with that, if someone is used to being ignored in real life and posts a desperate thread like this four days is a lot of time and might push them over the edge, I don't imagine people come here unless they are quite serious in the first place. Have you considered moving this section? I'll help out but I forget it exists some of the time and it seems displaced by sexual and other health related issues.
    There's not a lot I can say on the public forum but they have had another response before this elsewhere, there is a system in place. The moving the section thing could be worth a thought but not anything I can do- bring it up in AtCT and see what they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.