Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brussels manhunt after gunfire in raid 'on Paris suspects' Watch

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-be...-idUSKCN0WH1U7

From reddit:
    "Here's what I could translate and what information I could gather from Belgian Medias websites and news TV channels I'm watching (I'm living 20 minutes away from Brussels) :
    Nearby streets are fully shut down to cars and pedestrians, the whole neighbourhood is being investigated.
    The shooter(s) got away (over roofs), they're still looking for them. Belgian medias are reporting there could have been more than one shooter, and they possibly all got away.
    The shooter(s) is/are related to Paris' attacks.
    3 policemen are wounded, their lives are not endangered.
    Nearby schools are closed
    Police are asking medias and people now to stop filming the scene and reporting on the events"
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-be...-idUSKCN0WH1U7

From reddit:
    "Here's what I could translate and what information I could gather from Belgian Medias websites and news TV channels I'm watching (I'm living 20 minutes away from Brussels) :
    Nearby streets are fully shut down to cars and pedestrians, the whole neighbourhood is being investigated.
    The shooter(s) got away (over roofs), they're still looking for them. Belgian medias are reporting there could have been more than one shooter, and they possibly all got away.
    The shooter(s) is/are related to Paris' attacks.
    3 policemen are wounded, their lives are not endangered.
    Nearby schools are closed
    Police are asking medias and people now to stop filming the scene and reporting on the events"
    From the latest news reports (you may've seen them by now anyway...), but 2 are 'on the run' with 1 dead. Civilians were all ok it seems.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    From the latest news reports (you may've seen them by now anyway...), but 2 are 'on the run' with 1 dead. Civilians were all ok it seems.
    Civilians are okay for now. Hopefully they won't have to pay the ultimate price for the incompetance of the authorities

ReputationRep:
    Like that's gonna happen. For you I'm afraid it is only a fantasy.
    Build yourself a time machine, go back to the 1950s and tell white indigenous Londoners that elites, without consulting them will create a policy that in two generations will leave them the minority in their own capital city. Even if you give them a go of your time machine they probably still wouldn't believe you.
    If you aren't happy with it you need to first of all come to terms with where we are now as a society as "Send the buggers back" just isn't an option.😊

ReputationRep:
    Utterly pathetic that after 4 months those behind the Paris massacre have not been found, if I were the minister of internal security, we would have them already

ReputationRep:
    >Police are asking medias and people now to stop filming the scene and reporting on the events"

Pathetic Europe pretending the **** isn't majorly hitting the fan right now. We are fiddling as Rome burns.

(Original post by Mahmoud X)
    >Police are asking medias and people now to stop filming the scene and reporting on the events"

Pathetic Europe pretending the **** isn't majorly hitting the fan right now. We are fiddling as Rome burns.
    I think itsmainly to stop the suspects knowing about policemovements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)

I don't think it's about pretending it's not happening but about the terrorist learning exactly what the police are up to from live footage on their phones.
    Think back to how the SAS took the Iranian Embassy by storm surprising the terrorists after repelling from the roof.
    Now there would be no surprise as They would see them on the roof getting ready on rolling news 24. 😨

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    I don't think it's about pretending it's not happening but about the terrorist learning exactly what the police are up to from live footage on their phones.
    Think back to how the SAS took the Iranian Embassy by storm surprising the terrorists after repelling from the roof.
    Now there would be no surprise as They would see them on the roof getting ready on rolling news 24. 😨
    It's about the narrative

ReputationRep:
    The creepy thing was I visited Brussels last month.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.