Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone sitting the new AS-Biology (Salters Nuffield) in the summer (2016)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sitting the new AS-Biology (Salters Nuffield) in the summer (2016)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamjamstap)
    yup
    How are you finding the work load? I have to say I am struggling with the amount of content for this subject! Really worried about doing Biology at A2

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding the work load? I have to say I am struggling with the amount of content for this subject! Really worried about doing Biology at A2
    I'm exactly the same. We haven't finished topic 4 yet and I'm scared we're not gonna have enough time for revision. Theres legit so much to learn, but I've been going through lots of past papers so I guess that's helping. What are your revision techniques? Our teacher recommended learning the points straight from the syllabus and making notes around them, but there's so much content. I'm doing A2 as well and this first years pretty off-putting haha, what else are you doing next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamjamstap)
    I'm exactly the same. We haven't finished topic 4 yet and I'm scared we're not gonna have enough time for revision. Theres legit so much to learn, but I've been going through lots of past papers so I guess that's helping. What are your revision techniques? Our teacher recommended learning the points straight from the syllabus and making notes around them, but there's so much content. I'm doing A2 as well and this first years pretty off-putting haha, what else are you doing next year?
    Yeah Biology is very overwhelming tbh! Feels like there isn't enough time in the day. I've read through the whole Edexcel endorsed text book and made notes but have like 100 pages worth! I've also tried to condense my notes onto flashcards which closely follows the syllabus "checklist" but am having trouble remembering everything! I've only done like 1 past paper for each unit (1&2) and really struggled with it! I forgot to mention that I'm self-teaching this subject and am having doubts whether I actually want to continue with it at A2

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the unit 1 exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annamaria27)
    How did you guys find the unit 1 exam?
    pretty hard if I'm honest, lots of maths which was ok, but the last few questions on the heart threw me off haha. you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was ok.. But i was constantly writing and barely finished in time.. Felt like there were way too many long answer questions ) and the 6 marker on ficks law 😑 no comment

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! How is the revision going for paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    hey, im sitting salters nuffied this year 2017 but i cant seem to find any exam papers for this specification or any revision materials, do you know any? please link belown

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm sitting the AS Biology exam in 2017 and i was wondering if you recommend any revision materials since i cant seem to find any.
    i really need exam questions based on sub topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyDavs1234567)
    Hey, i'm sitting the AS Biology exam in 2017 and i was wondering if you recommend any revision materials since i cant seem to find any.
    i really need exam questions based on sub topics.
    How do you rate the green biology as book by ann fulick?What did you get in your mocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    How do you rate the green biology as book by ann fulick?What did you get in your mocks?
    i havent used that book but i have the specification book, which is pretty ****. i bought the cgp book which is better but i need exam questions and resources, do you happen to know any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyDavs1234567)
    i havent used that book but i have the specification book, which is pretty ****. i bought the cgp book which is better but i need exam questions and resources, do you happen to know any?
    Oh sorry,your doing the snab course.I'm doing IAL so I'm afraid I won't be of much help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Oh sorry,your doing the snab course.I'm doing IAL so I'm afraid I won't be of much help.
    thx anyway, ur one of many of dont do this idiotic course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annamaria27)
    Yeah it was ok.. But i was constantly writing and barely finished in time.. Felt like there were way too many long answer questions ) and the 6 marker on ficks law 😑 no comment
    Hi, im sitting salters nuffied AS this year (2017), i was wondering if you knew any websites which do a lot of exam questions and what book did you use because the spec book isnt great, i bought the CGP book which is better but i just need to find exam papers which cover every single sub topic thxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone have any AS papers for unit 2 (topic 3 and 4 ) or any resources for that please send them to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aymanassobar)
    Hi does anyone have any AS papers for unit 2 (topic 3 and 4 ) or any resources for that please send them to me
    physics and maths tutor

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 2, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.