Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have not got a list...yet. :confused: slightly worried now..... (Going Leeds by the way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I have not got a list...yet. :confused: slightly worried now..... (Going Leeds by the way)
    Leeds can't get organised? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I dont think most universities give theres out till you actually reach their offer...I think.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to law, LSE hasn't mailed a reading list or put one on their reading list potion of their website. Not sure if we are supposed to have one

ReputationRep:
    I swear LSE had a reading list in their prospectus.

By the way if anyone is intending to read "Law Machine" i'd advise you to borrow the book from someone who has already read it. It costs 9 pounds and takes about an hour and a half to read.. so not really great value for money.

ReputationRep:
    £9 is cheap for a law book (I know it's a thin one) but you can expect to spend around £30-£40 for a core book like, Anson, Winfield & Jolowicz, Treitel, Ashworth etc. My tutor's book (Cartwright on Misrepresentation) sells for £150+ not that I'd bother buying it. (high price is because of practitioners)

(Original post by Wings)
    I swear LSE had a reading list in their prospectus.

By the way if anyone is intending to read "Law Machine" i'd advise you to borrow the book from someone who has already read it. It costs 9 pounds and takes about an hour and a half to read.. so not really great value for money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I dont think most universities give theres out till you actually reach their offer...I think.
    That is what I assumed. I thought they waited untill they knew for sure whether you are going to the uni first. I mean, you would be slightly gutted if you didn't get the grades for your conditional and had to go to another uni when you had already purchased the books

ReputationRep:
    hey, when were those lists that you guys had for nottingham sent to you? as i still havent received anything from them, i was thinking about ringing them today as it getting a bit worrying hehe

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my llb in September and I've just got my reading list.

As part of my introductory reading they've told me to buy:

Chitty on Contract, 29th Edition http://www.sweetandmaxwell.co.uk/cat...tty/index.html (I managed to pick this up for £350 which seems quite cheap compared to some places!)

Has anyone got to read this/already read it? I'm about 400 pages through the first volume so far... I can't wait till I start my course and actually get to know the laws in detail!

ReputationRep:
    Considering the price of law books (!!!), is it compulsory for a law student, to actually purchase them if they're on your reading list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law man)
    I'm starting my llb in September and I've just got my reading list.

As part of my introductory reading they've told me to buy:

Chitty on Contract, 29th Edition http://www.sweetandmaxwell.co.uk/cat...tty/index.html (I managed to pick this up for £350 which seems quite cheap compared to some places!)

Has anyone got to read this/already read it? I'm about 400 pages through the first volume so far... I can't wait till I start my course and actually get to know the laws in detail!
    Which university are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlamingDeath)
    Considering the price of law books (!!!), is it compulsory for a law student, to actually purchase them if they're on your reading list?
    i dont think so, on my reading list (for Nottingham) it clearly states that all books can be found at a public library. i personally would'nt waste money on introductory reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishguy)
    hey, when were those lists that you guys had for nottingham sent to you? as i still havent received anything from them, i was thinking about ringing them today as it getting a bit worrying hehe
    Someone has actually posted the contents of the reading list in this thread somewhere, you should just make a note of that. But in terms of ringing them i think you should if you didnt recieve the smartcard thingy either, as they came together.

ReputationRep:
    You get the law reading list during freshers week, and if you're quick you can normally buy them second hand off the second years, you have to get about 6 of them to start with, but the list has about 30 which are either reccomended or suggested readng

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    You get the law reading list during freshers week, and if you're quick you can normally buy them second hand off the second years, you have to get about 6 of them to start with, but the list has about 30 which are either reccomended or suggested readng
    Alright, Cheers!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2004

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.