Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Mum asked a question to a stranger in the shop trying to be caring, it backfired, Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was out in the shops today with my Mum, My Mum likes to strike up conversations with people, especially people she hasn't met before ( unlike me who usually keeps myself to myself as I have anxiety anyway)
    A young man walks past holding a baby ( only looked a few weeks old ) and next thing I hear my Mum ask him '' excuse me, are you aware the baby has a red mark on his head'' the young man replies '' yeah, it's a birthmark''.

I felt so awkward despite it not being me who asked the question.
    He replied in a civil manner, there was no harshness in his tone of voice, b
    ut still, If it was me I think I'd have replied back in a angry manner.

My mum was just being caring, but it just goes to show I guess maybe she should keep herself to herself more often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love life)
    My mum was just being caring, but it just goes to show I guess maybe she should keep herself to herself more often
    I don't see the problem. She drew attention to what might have been a problem, but which turned out not to be. The baby's father accepted her question as such, hence his calm reply. Had there been a problem the father had not noticed, he could have dealt with it.

Such interactions are the stuff of life, and if you can overcome your anxiety you would be able to appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I don't see the problem. She drew attention to what might have been a problem, but which turned out not to be. The baby's father accepted her question as such, hence his calm reply. Had there been a problem the father had not noticed, he could have dealt with it.

Such interactions are the stuff of life, and if you can overcome your anxiety you would be able to appreciate that.
    thank you.

I kind of expected a harsh reply from him but I guess your right, maybe he appreciates the fact people are looking out for each other.

ReputationRep:

Hook, line and sinker.

"I love life" frequently makes troll posts like this, where he takes realistic situations and pretends it happened to him. The guy is a terribly dull troll tbh, his posts arent even funny.

I think he just copy and pastes these situations from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Hook, line and sinker.

"I love life" frequently makes troll posts like this, where he takes realistic situations and pretends it happened to him. The guy is a terribly dull troll tbh, his posts arent even funny.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Hook, line and sinker.

I admit , I sometimes troll and I kind of expected somebody to enter this thread and rant about it.

I created a thread yesterday or the day before about being 28 and about to be a dad, that was a lie, it was a troll thread. I created that because I am 24 now and I was wondering what people would say if I was 28 years old and never had a job and was about to become a dad and was prepared to go out and get a job on the taxi's. I created it because I don't think much will change in my life in the next few years but so I gave an example what my life might be at 28.

The other thread about me being 24, a virgin, never really having a job, still living with my mum, never had a girlfriend or never kissing, that was all true.

And this thread, I promise you this is a real thread, this is true

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    see above

this was true and it did happen today.

I admit I troll sometimes but this is not a troll, see above for more details

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.