After submitting an essay 3 months ago to my teacher, he still hasn't marked it whilst having the audacity to blame me saying I haven't given him enough time.
The deadline is within 3 weeks and neither of my comedy essays have been marked! I need to get an A in my coursework, as unfortunately my exam result wasn't great.
Does anyone have any advice/help/essay examples to offer? Any would be much appreciated
(Spec: AQA LitB Comedy Coursework)
Not to mention my critical anthology piece - things are gradually getting out of hand. Any help possible for the critical anthology as well?
(I apologise for asking a lot)
Let down by my teacher; need help with comedy coursework if possible Watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-03-2016 18:59
- 16-03-2016 01:17
What texts are you doing and what is the question?
When I did AQA Lit B (a few years ago now) our comedy texts were Much Ado About Nothing and The History Boys. Admittedly, I cannot remember for the life of me what my question was but I got an A. The advice I remember was:
- in the introductory paragraph give a brief summary about the plot. No more than a sentence, to show understanding of the text as a whole.
- use a "narrowing" approach. This introduction begins the wider few of the text and then as your essay continues begin close reading so a good beginning will discuss the form of the text
- use the words from the question in your answer and keep referring back to this in your analysis
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 16-03-2016 01:23
I hit send too early on my last post.. It's late my brain is broken!
- try include some details on context but only if they are relevant! The time a text was produced may be more relevant to your question than whether or not the author was marriage for example.
- your essay should have almost a circular structure - begin by saying what you're going to say/say what you've planned to say/conclude by saying what you've said!
- try avoid writing about one text and then the other, discuss both together - COMPARISON is important!! Your essay should read as one piece of writing and not too separate essays!
I hope this is useful - there may be more depth info I can give you if I know a bit more about the essay question
Posted from TSR Mobile