Let down by my teacher; need help with comedy coursework if possible

Watch
Zarvee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After submitting an essay 3 months ago to my teacher, he still hasn't marked it whilst having the audacity to blame me saying I haven't given him enough time.
The deadline is within 3 weeks and neither of my comedy essays have been marked! I need to get an A in my coursework, as unfortunately my exam result wasn't great.
Does anyone have any advice/help/essay examples to offer? Any would be much appreciated
(Spec: AQA LitB Comedy Coursework)
Not to mention my critical anthology piece - things are gradually getting out of hand. Any help possible for the critical anthology as well?
(I apologise for asking a lot)
abbymonty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What texts are you doing and what is the question?

When I did AQA Lit B (a few years ago now) our comedy texts were Much Ado About Nothing and The History Boys. Admittedly, I cannot remember for the life of me what my question was but I got an A. The advice I remember was:
- in the introductory paragraph give a brief summary about the plot. No more than a sentence, to show understanding of the text as a whole.
- use a "narrowing" approach. This introduction begins the wider few of the text and then as your essay continues begin close reading so a good beginning will discuss the form of the text
- use the words from the question in your answer and keep referring back to this in your analysis

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbymonty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hit send too early on my last post.. It's late my brain is broken!

- try include some details on context but only if they are relevant! The time a text was produced may be more relevant to your question than whether or not the author was marriage for example.
- your essay should have almost a circular structure - begin by saying what you're going to say/say what you've planned to say/conclude by saying what you've said!
- try avoid writing about one text and then the other, discuss both together - COMPARISON is important!! Your essay should read as one piece of writing and not too separate essays!

I hope this is useful - there may be more depth info I can give you if I know a bit more about the essay question

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.01%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (46)
11.25%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
10.02%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.62%

Watched Threads