Turn on thread page Beta

Let down by my teacher; need help with comedy coursework if possible watch

ReputationRep:
    After submitting an essay 3 months ago to my teacher, he still hasn't marked it whilst having the audacity to blame me saying I haven't given him enough time.
    The deadline is within 3 weeks and neither of my comedy essays have been marked! I need to get an A in my coursework, as unfortunately my exam result wasn't great.
    Does anyone have any advice/help/essay examples to offer? Any would be much appreciated
    (Spec: AQA LitB Comedy Coursework)
    Not to mention my critical anthology piece - things are gradually getting out of hand. Any help possible for the critical anthology as well?
    (I apologise for asking a lot)

ReputationRep:
    What texts are you doing and what is the question?

When I did AQA Lit B (a few years ago now) our comedy texts were Much Ado About Nothing and The History Boys. Admittedly, I cannot remember for the life of me what my question was but I got an A. The advice I remember was:
    - in the introductory paragraph give a brief summary about the plot. No more than a sentence, to show understanding of the text as a whole.
    - use a "narrowing" approach. This introduction begins the wider few of the text and then as your essay continues begin close reading so a good beginning will discuss the form of the text
    - use the words from the question in your answer and keep referring back to this in your analysis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hit send too early on my last post.. It's late my brain is broken!

- try include some details on context but only if they are relevant! The time a text was produced may be more relevant to your question than whether or not the author was marriage for example.
    - your essay should have almost a circular structure - begin by saying what you're going to say/say what you've planned to say/conclude by saying what you've said!
    - try avoid writing about one text and then the other, discuss both together - COMPARISON is important!! Your essay should read as one piece of writing and not too separate essays!

I hope this is useful - there may be more depth info I can give you if I know a bit more about the essay question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.