Turn on thread page Beta

Listen Up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    Would that mean I was correct is assuming that there would be some sort of church service on Good Friday???

If I was right then clearly all those lessons (taught by the worlds biggest hypocrite) were not a waste afterall !!!

yes you would be correct. its the day that jesus died.

but there should b a service everyday of the week before easter (except saturday) because its holy week.

so know you know!

love Katy ***
    Something I've always wanted to know:

If Jesus is so great, then why's he dead?

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Something I've always wanted to know:

If Jesus is so great, then why's he dead?

I think that the whole idea behind Easter is that he cannot die!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I think that the whole idea behind Easter is that he cannot die!!!
    Then why's he not on the earth anymore?

Then why's he not on the earth anymore?

He's (apparently) "greater" than that. For all intents and purposes he has no need for a physical presence.

BTW - You sound like me in R.E. so I spitting out the same answers that my old R.E. teacher would!!!

ReputationRep:
    He's (apparently) "greater" than that. For all intents and purposes he has no need for a physical presence.

BTW - You sound like me in R.E. so I spitting out the same answers that my old R.E. teacher would!!!
    I was like this is RE, that's why my teacher didn't want me to do it to GCSE.

So if he has no need for a physical presence, how do we know he ever exsisited?

ReputationRep:

because he did exist. it says in all the old book, not just christian books but jewish n other books written at the time.

love Katy ***

There are written references (other than the obvious one ) that record parts of his time here (can't write apparently this time as they have been authenticated by some independant people).

ReputationRep:
    There are written references (other than the obvious one ) that record parts of his time here (can't write apparently this time as they have been authenticated by some independant people).
    So maybe there was some bloke called Jesus with a mum called Mary and a step-dad called Joe but how do we know he was special?

So maybe there was soembloke called Jesus with a mum called Mary and a step-dad called Joe but how do we know he was special?

Im stumped !!!

ReputationRep:
    So maybe there was soembloke called Jesus with a mum called Mary and a step-dad called Joe but how do we know he was special?

theres no doubt he was special...the question is..was he just another prophet or was he the messiah.

love katy ***

ReputationRep:
    theres no doubt he was special...the question is..was he just another prophet or was he the messiah.

love katy ***
    What do you mean 'there's no doubt he was special'?

Did you meet him?

love katy ***

Your idea is based on the assumption that people belive in prophets and the "messiah" theory. If you don't then he was nothing more than a man people at the time thought was special.

ReputationRep:
    the people who wrote that he was alive at this time- are the people who said he was special.

if you belive he existed due to the independant evidence you cant not belive he was special.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Apparently He walked on the water right? Well, I heard that later they discovered that he walked on the dead sea - which is so full of salt that anyone can walk on it anyway! I may be wrong but that sounds interesting!

the people who wrote that he was alive at this time- are the people who said he was special.

if you belive he existed due to the independant evidence you cant not belive he was special.

love Katy ***

At this time, I could write a book depicting Saddam Hussain as the new architect of peace, the fact that I wrote it at the time he was around does not make it true.

ReputationRep:
    At this time, I could write a book depicting Saddam Hussain as the new architect of peace, the fact that I wrote it at the time he was around does not make it true.
    Hahaha I agree!

ReputationRep:
    Valid enough point.

ReputationRep:

but then i'll write a book disputing that...so then both books will lack any credibility.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    but then i'll write a book disputing that...so then both books will lack any credibility.

love Katy ***
    But you could choose not to. As for conflicting books, consider all the books of the major world religions - they certainly don't seem to agree. So what's to say one's more credible than the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    But you could choose not to. As for conflicting books, consider all the books of the major world religions - they certainly don't seem to agree. So what's to say one's more credible than the other?
    but they do agree that jesus lived in nazereth and was not an ordinary person.

which is why i belive that fact is indisputable.

love Katy ***

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.