Turn on thread page Beta

What's you relationship with your siblings? (if you have any) watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My older brother is 26 and lives 150 miles away so I don't see him often. When I do we don't talk that much as we're quite different people. I get on with his girlfriend much better and we usually end up chatting a lot when I see them.

ReputationRep:
    I've a younger brother and sister. Live 400 miles away and don't see them that often. Don't really catch up on the phone much either.

My brother is three years younger than me and absolutely lovely. We never got on as kids, and I feel bad I've only realised he's actually all right within the past few years. He's so laid back it drives my parents up the wall, but he wouldn't hurt a fly and he's a good laugh.

My sister is 7 years younger than me. It's an awkward age gap because we're far enough apart to not have much in common, but she's not so much younger than me that I find her cute. If that makes sense?
    She's become a bit of a nightmare recently (according to my parents) and doesn't speak to me much, even if I try. Hopefully that's a phase she'll grow out of. I don't see us ever being particularly close - if I had a relationship like me and my brother with her I'd be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I have an older sister and a younger half brother.

I love my brother to bit and would do anything for him.
    My sister , well I don't have contact with her...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had a five years older brother. Had a bad relationship in younger years of our common life, it was getting better and in that moment where we were close to each other, he died. Have still a younger half-sister (same father) who I have never seen and met since my father has married again.

ReputationRep:
    I have a brother who's 3 years younger than me -Pretty good, he's quite a way away in a different country for Uni but when we see each other we get on really well. Was quite weird him moving away as we were close (though give us five mins into being in the same room as each other and we'd be fighting to the death so there's that too 😂)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an elder sister but she acts like more like a controlling mother than a sister. We very rarely get along but most of the time we fight non-stop

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.