Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey guys

I've graduated from university with a 1st class hons in Computer Science and networking about 2 years ago. Since then I have been struggling with adapting to full time work, and deciding if the office environment/IT environment is really right for me. I have been leaving jobs every few months as I cannot seem to handle it with panic attacks

I feel trapped working a 8-5 every day, having no time for friends, family and too exhausted for time for myself. I've been really considering going part time back in retail somewhere, and taking some time out from the industry. Although it seems a bad idea taking a large step back from a salary, career which I was previously studying to do, and worrying what people will think of me.

People say that my health should come first but I really do not know what to do at the moment.

Any advice would be great, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Do whatever you feel is right. getting a job after uni is very hard for every 1 .
    take a break if u want to

i'd do what you said and maybe just try some part time work for now. having your degree will always help you out with a career in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Your health does come first, as important career decisions can be , there's no point in ignoring your health concerns and then being worse off later. If recommend part time for now, get help for your anxiety and then focus on a more permanent job

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.