Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am currently a year 3 Student and have just failed an assignment. The reason was I did not meet the criteria however the confusion is because another lecturer posted guidance for the essay. I followed their guidance and not the tutors.

Does anyone know if I could request this to be remarked in light of conflicting guidance?

Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Caroline5868)
    You can ask, but the regulations will be university/college specific. You will have to ask your institution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    You can ask, but the regulations will be university/college specific. You will have to ask your institution.
    Thank you i have an appointment with the tutor tomorrow i just wanted some advice if i could request this.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    yes ask, but you will need to justify why you took the other guidance over your tutors. You dont lose anything by asking.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am currently a year 3 Student and have just failed an assignment. The reason was I did not meet the criteria however the confusion is because another lecturer posted guidance for the essay. I followed their guidance and not the tutors.

Does anyone know if I could request this to be remarked in light of conflicting guidance?

Thank you
    If a lot of people in your cohort have the same problem, then you might have grounds for an appeal. If it was only you or a handful of your colleagues, you may find it a bit harder.

Get some advice from your Student Union, who will know their way round your uni's procedures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    If a lot of people in your cohort have the same problem, then you might have grounds for an appeal. If it was only you or a handful of your colleagues, you may find it a bit harder.

Get some advice from your Student Union, who will know their way round your uni's procedures.
    Hi i have had a meeting today and got me nowhere have to resubmit for 4 marks. But have to accept it 😞
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    well surely you have a right to appeal?

ReputationRep:
    No he said they will only say i should have checked the original criteria. A lesson well and truly learned!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No he said they will only say i should have checked the original criteria. A lesson well and truly learned!!
    Might be worth getting in touch with your SU if possible, as they have independent advice and support on it, rather than your advisor who is affiliated with the uni of course...

From the sounds of it, may be more like a right for an academic complaint initially, but as I say, speak to your SU as they'll know your exact procedures for your uni
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I dont know enough, but you do seem to have misled yourself. As said above you would have had top show this other lecturer misled you and it was credible you relied on their advice. If you cnat show this lecturer did something wrong, then they are correct and the onus was on you to check. Sorry it didnt turn out for you. No idea how your marking works, maybe you cna discard it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.