Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

43% of women have backup man for when relationship ends Watch

ReputationRep:
    99.9% men have backup women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Open your eyes men.

Its probably higher than 43% because some women would have likely lied given the stigma of admitting infidelity / proclivity towards infidelity.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/wp...ographic_F.jpg
    LOL. I've already said this many times. Many women DO have a back up man, at least in their minds and know who it might be at least.
    Pathetic but hilarious at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is a 'backup man'? I am in a happy relationship but obviously know other girls, some of whom are attractive and single, some of whom I might have been interested in if things were different. Are these my 'backup girls'?

#taking this far too seriously.
    A backup man is the guy that your gf starts dating or has rebound sex with shortly after you break up.

As the infographic shows, most women have a backup man, most of the time this man is someone she's in contact with whilst you're together; he might even be someone you're aware of / friends with; and there's a chance that the backup man has already confessed his love for your gf.

You gotta keep your eyes open brah, and make sure you know what your gf is doing with her male friends.

Spoiler:
    Show
    and it does happen. One of my exes starting dating her backup man literally 2 days after me and her broke up #thesehoesaintloyal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Your happiness
    No backup bint can bring me happiness, you know that :rolleyes:

Right i'll try and make this make sense.

I was a back-up guy once. Once we ended our relationship im pretty sure the back-up guy for her was the guy that she ended it with to which I was the back-up guy for.

Original person + her -> back-up guy (me) + her -> original person (now back-up guy to be) + her.

Yep, I wasnt a rebound either, we actually spent quite a while together but as soon as we ended she was back to him!

ReputationRep:
    My ex bf has back up girls :lol: He just makes a lot of female friends, and picks a few when he breaks up with his gf, tries his luck with all of them (it starts off with "my gf never treated me right... " and then they're all over him) until he settles on one. same cycle every single time

(Original post by Death Grips)
    Open your eyes men.

Its probably higher than 43% because some women would have likely lied given the stigma of admitting infidelity / proclivity towards infidelity.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/wp...ographic_F.jpg
    There are three kinds of lies.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

ReputationRep:
    Sheeeeet. Live in the flesh. A girl on here recommending that another girl keep backup guys (and keep them a secret from her bf)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...07&postcount=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    No backup bint can bring me happiness, you know that :rolleyes:
    Let's hope not

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.