Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would this increase your interest in a guy? Watch

So, this girl I know was seeing this guy... She didn't seem to be all that bothered by him, and was texting other guys, until the day he offered her an ultimatum. He told her that if she'd be happier with someone else, or a different situation, then she should go for it, no hard feelings. Following this, her interest in him skyrocketed.

She's now with a different guy who she has known for about a year. They were seeing each other for 6 months casually before he basically called it off. A few months later, he changed his mind and they got together, becoming offiial. He then ended it again, since she was going away for 3 months. She says she is done with him because he's messing her around, yet still chats to him constantly and seems totally hung up.

Would this heighten your interest in a guy - in the sense that he's not afraid to walk away from you - just as the first situation seemed to heighten hers? I suppose there's a difference in the sense that the first guy liked her but gave her an option...?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we are aware of this type, we call her 'bad news'.

(Original post by whorace)
    Yeah we are aware of this type, we call her 'bad news'.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    That's a girl who doesn't know what she wants and will always have her head turned. Eventually she'll be with the right guy but no I wouldn't say playing games is best - most girls I know don't do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How so?
    You can't satisfy her, she thrives on fear of being rejected because it peaks her attraction so whenever she gets what she wants she moves on to the next guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    That's a girl who doesn't know what she wants and will always have her head turned. Eventually she'll be with the right guy but no I wouldn't say playing games is best - most girls I know don't do this.
    well said my friend :P

(Original post by Jennie1987)
    So the latter example wouldn't heighten your interest in a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    well said my friend :P
    Thanks! :grin:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So the latter example wouldn't heighten your interest in a guy?
    I don't think my interest would be heightened - either I like a guy or I don't. If I'm not sure then it may make things clearer but then I wouldn't be involved like she is if I wasn't sure. A good person wouldn't mess with others.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.