Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which one do u believe is better? Thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Better? Better for a particular subject, or in general? Better location? Better prospects? Be more specific.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Yeah like the university and the location, like anything related to the uni, its quite a open question. Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm considering studying at Goldsmiths (received an offer of ABB for English Literature), I currently live in North Staffordshire so have been to Keele a lot. Keele is a really lovely campus uni but is VERY different than Goldsmiths. It's set in the countryside so there isn't the 'buzz' around it like there is studying in central London, the nearby towns are Newcastle which is very small with just a high street and not much else and then Hanley which isn't the most desirable of areas but does have some shops and a few restaurants (Nandos, GBK, Pizza Express etc.) However, the campus is relatively self-contained, it has a book shop, mini supermarket etc, so you wouldn't have to go there every day, but you will have a considerably different experience than Goldsmiths. The SU at Keele organises some really good events though, Snoop Dog was there a few weeks ago and they have a lot of other concerts etc. It really depends what you're looking for, if you want a quiter, more relaxed atmosphere in the country then go for Keele, if you're looking for somewhere with more of a buzz about it I'd definitely go for Goldsmiths. I've visited both but obviously it's just my opinion, I hope you love wherever you go!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 5, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.