Turn on thread page Beta

Reverse racism? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it exists because I don't know, argue if you think it does or doesn't below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    Do you think it exists because I don't know, argue if you think it does or doesn't below
    It does exist, I think there's probably more reverse racism than racism in fact. However it is nowhere near as big an issue because it has less of an impact. Most reverse racism is kinda like 'your not as cool as me cause you're white' but most racism is like 'I'm not gonna let you hold down a respectable job cause you're black'. So yeah it does exist but it is way more important to concentrate on normal racism at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    If by "reverse racism", you mean racism against groups that aren't "traditionally" the victims of racism, like white people: Yes, I believe that that happens, but no, that's not reverse racism. That's just more racism.

Racism is racism, wether its against black, white, asian, or whatever. People seem to call it 'reverse racism' when POC's are being offensive towards white people, because traditionally it is the other way round, as we have seen many times before in the past.
    Some people argue that white people have no right to speak out if they are being discriminated against, because of the fact that at so many times throughout history it was white people that caused this type of hate. I in no way condone or support what most white people have stood for in the past and that many still believe know (which is very saddening that in 2016 people sill think like that) however I do strongly believe that if anyone is being discriminated against, they should feel that they can speak out for themselves and be supported, even if they are white.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.