The Student Room Group

Why do people still get married and have children?

Scroll to see replies

What a dumb question. Wtf! I am offended by your stupid question.
Reply 21
Original post by Alfed
I don't plan on getting married or having children. As it seems over the top and expensive. So I don't want that. I am not even sure I want a girlfriend or relationship with anyone. As I find people boring after a while and they only ever let you down. :angry:

Feeling indignant?
Reply 22
[QUOTE=Alfed;63436813]Children ruin your life. If other people want to have them, then fine. But I don't see why they do. :s-smilie:Each to their own. But despite increased affluence, emancipation and iPads there are still many people value the traditions of marriage and raising kids.
Reply 23
Original post by Alfed
Children ruin your life. If other people want to have them, then fine. But I don't see why they do. :s-smilie:

"But I don't see why they do"

"Because if people stopped having children the human race would cease to exsist." - Egirl.

That pretty much answers your question, have a good day- night (in my case)
Reply 24
I might be one of the only ones on here. But i am a mum. And shes the best thing to happen to me. Having kids doesnt tie you down. I have an undergraduate degree currently doing my masters and start my PhD in september. They arent a waste, time consuming or an expense. They take what they're given.
What else is there to do ffs?! :tongue:

In our brief existence having a family is one of the most meaningful things a person can do. :wink:
I've never been married or had children and although i will not be disclosing my age i can tell you that i am certainly much wealthier, happier and look a lot better than many of my long term friends who have been down the married/children route. Many of them look knackered and old. A good few of them have been kicked out/divorced/ripped off by disaffected ex wives,heck some have even had it done to them twice !

As it is now, i have loads of cash, i can go where i want, s hag who i want and be answerable to no one.
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
I've never been married or had children and although i will not be disclosing my age i can tell you that i am certainly much wealthier, happier and look a lot better than many of my long term friends who have been down the married/children route. Many of them look knackered and old. A good few of them have been kicked out/divorced/ripped off by disaffected ex wives,heck some have even had it done to them twice !

As it is now, i have loads of cash, i can go where i want, s hag who i want and be answerable to no one.

Exactly, but why are you anon? You have a perfectly rational view.
What has HAPPENEd
Original post by Alfed
I don't plan on getting married or having children. As it seems over the top and expensive. So I don't want that. I am not even sure I want a girlfriend or relationship with anyone. As I find people boring after a while and they only ever let you down. :angry:
chicken wings
Reply 30
Original post by Brendajohn
What has HAPPENEd

Nothing happened, I was joking.
That was deeep
Original post by Alfed
Nothing happened, I was joking.
Reply 32
Original post by Brendajohn
That was deeep

I know right. :wink:
Little children are funny and magical they give you a reason to get up in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending