Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a Christian Arab who believes in peace and coexistence. Ask Me Anything. watch

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever visited Syria? Is it peaceful between different religious people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTrust;[url="tel:63437833")
    63437833[/url]]Hezbollah is only supporting Assad because of Iran told them to do so. I dont think Hezbollah gives a damn about democracy. If yes, then why dont they scrutinize Iran but always Saudi Arabia.
    Iran is a democracy
    http://youtu.be/LVrtd7Ltk-4

Also, isn't Hezbollah also a Democratic Party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii;[url="tel:63437789")
    63437789[/url]]I heard the Shia sector get along really well with christians is that true?
    Well in Iraq, Muslims get along well with Christians. However as a Shia myself, I really admire Christians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii;[url="tel:63441947")
    63441947[/url]]wait sorry in which way do they depend on Christians? give me just one example please
    Yeah I don't get it.
    I'm pretty sure the Shia population is the same as Sunni in Lebanon. Hezbollah is also majority Shia so it's strange if they "depend on the Christians to survive"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTrust)
    I do respect Hezbollah for protecting Lebanon from ISIS, Al Nusra and Huzbu Tahit. Absolute respect ! And when they liberated South Lebanon from Israel, I wanted to kiss the feet of Nasrallah

However as far as the intention is concerned , I do not think that they are doing because they genuinely support democratic values. They are doing it because they worry that Sunnis might take over and persecute Shias like ISIS has been doing which is fine and good.Therefore they are trying to maintain democracy in Lebanon through fighting these Sunni groups. And they are trying to maintain secularism in Syria through supporting Bashar Al Assad as the FSA are Sunnis, and they worry that once FSA takes over Shias might be marginalized.

Hezbollah has condemned Saudi Arabia, but has Hezbollah ever condemned Iran for its Human Rights abuses?
    lol you just contradicted yourself, because if someone is worried that they will get persecuted for being a certain sector in islam why would they not protect themselves? first you complain about democracy in Iran now Human rights abuses? the difference between Iran and Saudi is that Iran don't behead people for being Sunni (Saudi do this to Shias) they don't kill innocent people in other countries (Yemen) They allow for people to vote unlike Saudi, in fact i won't even continue, the fact that you even dared to compare Iran's Human rights record to Saudi concludes your brain size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amir Hussein)
    Yeah I don't get it.
    I'm pretty sure the Shia population is the same as Sunni in Lebanon. Hezbollah is also majority Shia so it's strange if they "depend on the Christians to survive"
    yeah i realised from his replies he just answers people on the little knowledge he has instead of actually researching facts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amir Hussein)
    Iran is a democracy
    http://youtu.be/LVrtd7Ltk-4
    It most certainly is not. It likes to call itself a 'religious democracy', but in reality it is nothing more than a theocratic dictatorship.

Its Head of State has never been elected by the people and dictates virtually all elements in Iranian politics, the President is chosen from a handful of regime loyalists and has very little power, there is widespread electoral corruption/fraud, and the IRGC are a hugely corrupt organisation that steals oil money and launders it into the hands of wealthy regime cronies.

To illustrate my point, for the Presidential elections non-Muslims and women are automatically barred from running, and in the recent Parliamentary elections over 90% of the reformist candidates were barred from running, meaning that in many constituencies there is only the illusion of choice.

Democracy, my arse. The reformist party leaders remain under house arrest (after the 2009 protests against the election fraud), there are a stupidly high number of journalists in prison, and Iran ranks amongst the lowest of all nations in the world on virtually every democracy index.

(Original post by Satoshii)
    the difference between Iran and Saudi is that Iran don't behead people for being Sunni (Saudi do this to Shias) they don't kill innocent people in other countries (Yemen) They allow for people to vote unlike Saudi, in fact i won't even continue, the fact that you even dared to compare Iran's Human rights record to Saudi concludes your brain size
    The highlighted statements are suggestive of a very naive view of Iran. I get that you're eager to criticise Saudi Arabia, but let's not get as sloppy as that with detail in order to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The highlighted statements are suggestive of a very naive view of Iran. I get that you're eager to criticise Saudi Arabia, but let's not get as sloppy as that with detail in order to do so.
    Yeah, whilst I agree with his overall message (that Iran is bad, but not quite as bad as Saudi in a human rights perspective), to try and portray Iran as some bastion of human rights is hilarious. Not being quite as bad as Saudi Arabia ≠ being anything close to 'good'. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    OP got banned :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shillary)
    Yeah, whilst I agree with his overall message (that Iran is bad, but not quite as bad as Saudi in a human rights perspective), to try and portray Iran as some bastion of human rights is hilarious. Not being quite as bad as Saudi Arabia ≠ being anything close to 'good'. :facepalm:
    thing is bro, lets be real; Saudi have created this shitstorm of terrorism, so it would be rude to compare any country to such a disgusting one

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.