Turn on thread page Beta

Can you write 2 pages in 45 minutes? watch

ReputationRep:
    In the exams ( English), my teacher said if we did that we'd get more marks. Is it possible with the time we're given?? I kind of struggle and my mind gets blocked., so I end up most of the time writing one page only which is guess is not enough???

Got any tips?? Help??

Oh to clarify I have access arrangements, so i use a laptop- but even then i can mostly write one page. Maybe because i feel so pressured as well??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy55)
    In the exams ( English), my teacher said if we did that we'd get more marks. Is it possible with the time we're given?? I kind of struggle and my mind gets blocked., so I end up most of the time writing one page only which is guess is not enough???

Got any tips?? Help??
    i have to for philosophy basically >.>

so the first time i tried this i basically bs'ed everything and didn't finish my essay obviously with practise you'll get better

1. Include only relevant info
    2. Always make sure you have time to write what you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i have to for philosophy basically >.>

so the first time i tried this i basically bs'ed everything and didn't finish my essay obviously with practise you'll get better

1. Include only relevant info
    2. Always make sure you have time to write what you need
    Ahh thank you very much, i'll try that

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thank you very much, i'll try that
    Yea it takes some practise and getting used to write that quick xD
    oh also make a plan quickly before you write the essay of what you're going to include and make sure you know what you're writing about because once you stop you lose momentum and it might take a bit to get back into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Yea it takes some practise and getting used to write that quick xD
    oh also make a plan quickly before you write the essay of what you're going to include and make sure you know what you're writing about because once you stop you lose momentum and it might take a bit to get back into it
    Hahah yeah, im going to practise and time myself, i think that would help.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, easily.

If you fear that you're a slow writer, keep practising writing as quickly as you can and don't worry about handwriting as long as it's legible.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its a balance. It would depend how bug and spaced your writing is.

Try and make x points every x minutes. be relevant.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It took a lot of practice but I can now write more than that in 45 minutes
    Even last year I was a page an hour!
    For an essay I find it much harder but I can still manage it but if we're doing individual questions then I find it pretty easy (probably because there's very little planning involved). The thing I actually find hardest is starting but I find for essays if I just ignore the teacher who says we need to find something complicated for our introduction then once I'm started I don't stop! (Until I run out of good things to say but that's another thread)

ReputationRep:
    Its just about practice really; for higher the typical is 3-4 pages in 50 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the reply, i have access arrangements so i use a laptop but even then i can mostly 1 page. For example in my mocks we had 90 or something mins altogether, 2 questions in total so two mini essays- i barely did 2 pages, it was more like 1 page and a half or even less. Any other tips is appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks guys for the reply, i have access arrangements so i use a laptop but even then i can mostly 1 page. For example in my mocks we had 90 or something mins altogether, 2 questions in total so two mini essays- i barely did 2 pages, it was more like 1 page and a half or even less. Any other tips is appreciated.
    you might have slow processing memory. Do you get extra time?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Talk to your tutor. If you write too little its more a sign you arent m,aking many points and theres less to mark and score from. See what points you could have mentioned which you could have scored from. More you practice the better you will get.

You might also want to take into account typing on a computer is usually denser than writing on a page.

Try this exercise: For an exam question do it untimed or allow yourself double the time. the aim is to make as many points as possible that score marks. The try it the other way and see how many relevant points you can make in half the normal time.

If you need to bullet point it, but what you are after is scoring x marks every 5 minutes, familiarity relevance and speed is what you are after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    you might have slow processing memory. Do you get extra time?
    Yes i do...that's a good poiint because for this exam i didn't get any extra time so this probably why i struggled.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes i do...that's a good poiint because for this exam i didn't get any extra time so this probably why i struggled.
    If you were at 1.5 pages or so then you should be able to get to 2 pages in the extra time assuming you hadn't run out of points to make. That probably is why you struggled particularly in a subject like English which you need to develop unique interpretations etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    If you were at 1.5 pages or so then you should be able to get to 2 pages in the extra time assuming you hadn't run out of points to make. That probably is why you struggled particularly in a subject like English which you need to develop unique interpretations etc.
    EXACTLY!! Thank you for the help
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    EXACTLY!! Thank you for the help
    np

ReputationRep:
    In economics I can write 6 sides in 30 minutes.
    (25 mark essays).

If its a hard question I will do 4 sides.
    If its easy i will do more , For my mock I did 8 in around 25 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Yes, easily.

If you fear that you're a slow writer, keep practising writing as quickly as you can and don't worry about handwriting as long as it's legible.
    Deutsche Problemen :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Deutsche Problemen :emo:
    Oh god i am told off so much because of how bad my handwriting is in german. My es look like as sometimes and THEN IT LOOKS LIKE IM ILLITERATE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Oh god i am told off so much because of how bad my handwriting is in german. My es look like as sometimes and THEN IT LOOKS LIKE IM ILLITERATE
    Same! Apparently that's why I did really bad in my written paper last year - illegible handwriting :lol:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.