Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have just got a conditional offer from LCC to study Film & Television. But the conditions state that along side getting a M M M in my diploma, that i also have to pay the full fees at enrolment? Does this mean I literally have to pay the full 27,000 by september? It seems like a really random condition and I don't really understand why they have said this? On the website for my course it says nothing about paying full fee's up front, just 9000 annually... Is anyone getting the same offer or can help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It certainly does not mean they want you to pay all three years' tuition upfront, but even asking for 9k upfront sounds pretty dodgy to me. Presumably you will be taking out a tuition fee loan? If so, you have no control over how or when the fees are paid - the Student Loans Company pays the tuition fee directly to the university. Have you spoken to LCC or anybody at UCAS about these offer conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    It certainly does not mean they want you to pay all three years' tuition upfront, but even asking for 9k upfront sounds pretty dodgy to me. Presumably you will be taking out a tuition fee loan? If so, you have no control over how or when the fees are paid - the Student Loans Company pays the tuition fee directly to the university. Have you spoken to LCC or anybody at UCAS about these offer conditions?
    Hey yes I called the university and they confirmed it was just the £9000 they wanted up front. But after filling out my student finance the other day I realised that the student loans company only pays the university every term. So I am not sure how to proceed with this..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miacreed)
    Hey yes I called the university and they confirmed it was just the £9000 they wanted up front. But after filling out my student finance the other day I realised that the student loans company only pays the university every term. So I am not sure how to proceed with this..
    You need to contact them again and explain what you've just said.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.