Turn on thread page Beta

//apologizing for the long lame stuff.. but I really want to get this all out.

So I've known this guy for ten-ish years. We went to English classes together and for the past two/three years we've been best friends. He is a womanizer type and he always told me about all the girls he went out with or liked. And I was fine with all that cause he was just a friend and I was good with that. Everyone else actually thought we dated cause we often acted like a couple and even rooted for us to get together. A friend of his told me once that he confessed that if we hadn't been friends for so long he would go with me, but now he didn't want to hurt me and ruin the friendship.
    This Friday I had a birthday party and of course he was invited, and naturally we all got wasted. Before I go on I should probably mention that for the past two months he's been going out with a girl he says he really likes and that she really reminds him of her and our relationship. Since it was a private party the music was operated by another friend of mine who started to play slow songs. We started dancing together and ended up slow dancing for the rest of the night.. like really tight. Unfortunately he had a competition on Saturday so he had to leave earlier. But when he came to hug me goodbye he kissed me and I returned it (yes, there was tongue). This was actually my first kiss and he knew that.
    After that I didn't hear from him, until Sunday when I messaged him to ask how did the competition go and he answered pretty coldly and the whole conversation was just really weird. Haven't talked to him since and today is my birthday and he didn't even wish me happy birthday.

I am aware of how stupid this is but I feel so bad about all this and I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. I totally understand what it's like to have a crush on a guy you've been friends with for ages. Most likely the reason he's distancing himself from you is because he feels bad for what he did, which wasn't fair to you or the other girl. I know it would be easy to be angry at him for ignoring you but if you give him space to breathe for a few days he will eventually calm down. He's probably just trying to make sense of the situation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.