University of Bath vs Univeristy of Warwick Watch

Rich.Allen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
So, I've applied to study Biology/Biological science at Bath (offer for AAA) and Warwick (offer for AAB).
I am having difficulties deciding which university I should firm as I have been to both universities and I have liked both a lot. The course however at Warwick is an integrated masters course compared to a bachelor of science degree at Bath.
I would appreciate help with the differences between the two universities / the two courses and which I should maybe choose out of Bath and Warwick.I think Warwick is a more reputable university, although the university/campus seems very isolated, whereas the course at Bath seems to be better from league tables than Warwick.
Any help is much appreciated!!
Speckle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bath is better for your subject.
Bath is a better city.
Bath has a placement year (don't underestimate this).

Warwick has a better overall reputation.
Warwick will give you a masters.

I'd choose Bath in your case, but really it is up to what you prefer. I think both universities are great so just pick where you feel you'd be more comfortable.
Rich.Allen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am siding slightly more towards Bath tbh.
I don't suppose you know what the facilities are like for Biology there? They do list them on their website but I don't really know what any of it means nor if most other universities (such as Warwick) have them also.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a friend who does Biology at Bath, and I don't recall him complaining about any of the Biology facilities so they must be pretty good. He's also applying for placements, including Kew, which must be nice to work at as a biologist.

If Warwick doesn't offer a placement year then that is something to think about.

Don't worry too much about league tables - both are good universities and apart from that, it's up to you in how well you do and how involved you get and what experience you get for your own success.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.81%
No (192)
76.19%

Watched Threads