Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So, I've applied to study Biology/Biological science at Bath (offer for AAA) and Warwick (offer for AAB).
    I am having difficulties deciding which university I should firm as I have been to both universities and I have liked both a lot. The course however at Warwick is an integrated masters course compared to a bachelor of science degree at Bath.
    I would appreciate help with the differences between the two universities / the two courses and which I should maybe choose out of Bath and Warwick.I think Warwick is a more reputable university, although the university/campus seems very isolated, whereas the course at Bath seems to be better from league tables than Warwick.
    Any help is much appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    Bath is better for your subject.
    Bath is a better city.
    Bath has a placement year (don't underestimate this).

Warwick has a better overall reputation.
    Warwick will give you a masters.

I'd choose Bath in your case, but really it is up to what you prefer. I think both universities are great so just pick where you feel you'd be more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I am siding slightly more towards Bath tbh.
    I don't suppose you know what the facilities are like for Biology there? They do list them on their website but I don't really know what any of it means nor if most other universities (such as Warwick) have them also.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I have a friend who does Biology at Bath, and I don't recall him complaining about any of the Biology facilities so they must be pretty good. He's also applying for placements, including Kew, which must be nice to work at as a biologist.

If Warwick doesn't offer a placement year then that is something to think about.

Don't worry too much about league tables - both are good universities and apart from that, it's up to you in how well you do and how involved you get and what experience you get for your own success.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.