Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, so I've known this girl for many years, and we've been great friends. When I first met her I liked her a lot, and I wanted to ask her out but I guess I was to shy. But I suppose it was a good thing I never did as she already had a boyfriend. So I quietly stepped into the friend zone lmao.
    Anyway about 6/7 pass by, and I don't have any of those old feelings towards her, and now we are just really good friends and it's really cool. We are like on the same wavelength and she's a cool best friend to have.
    Recently she's been drifting from her boyfriend, and they've stopped going out and stuff. She's starting talking to me a lot more and being more nice. I would say she is even being flirtatious. So to not make it awkward, I flirt back a bit as well, but this is occurring more and more often.

Would you say she likes me? Or am I just overthinking it? :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, so I've known this girl for many years, and we've been great friends. When I first met her I liked her a lot, and I wanted to ask her out but I guess I was to shy. But I suppose it was a good thing I never did as she already had a boyfriend. So I quietly stepped into the friend zone lmao.
    Anyway about 6/7 pass by, and I don't have any of those old feelings towards her, and now we are just really good friends and it's really cool. We are like on the same wavelength and she's a cool best friend to have.
    Recently she's been drifting from her boyfriend, and they've stopped going out and stuff. She's starting talking to me a lot more and being more nice. I would say she is even being flirtatious. So to not make it awkward, I flirt back a bit as well, but this is occurring more and more often.

Would you say she likes me? Or am I just overthinking it? :/
    If you don't like her like that, then don't flirt with her... If you're as good friends as you make out, you should be able to ask her honestly and tell her how you see your relationship without making things awkward

(Original post by Gingerbread101)
    If you don't like her like that, then don't flirt with her... If you're as good friends as you make out, you should be able to ask her honestly and tell her how you see your relationship without making things awkward
    She's started sending 'x' at the end of texts (she never did that before), but I don't reply with them. I've stopped flirting, but as I'm quite funny and always make everyone around me laugh, me making her laugh (as I usually do and have been doing for years) could be seen as flirting?

I would ask, but she might turn around and be like I'm not trying to flirt with you which would make me look really stupid and everything would just get really awkward!

ReputationRep:
    leaveth that lady and goeth f'r a maneth

ReputationRep:

I would ask, but she might turn around and be like I'm not trying to flirt with you which would make me look really stupid and everything would just get really awkward!
    wait a few more days and start to observe her behaviour from a different perspective
    although you might just think shes being flirty because you used to want it (maybe you still subsconsciously do?)
    definitely dont flirt back if youre not sure about your feelings! you might just end up hurting her by doing so

(Original post by Sheikhspeare 🎭)
    leaveth that lady and goeth f'r a maneth
    Thy does not swingeth that way, howevereth if thou does so, may i offer my supporteth

ReputationRep:
    Thy does not swingeth that way, howevereth if thou does so, may i offer my supporteth
    this was not the response i was expecting from thou, i respect thou f'r that

(Original post by ragnarofk)
    wait a few more days and start to observe her behaviour from a different perspective
    although you might just think shes being flirty because you used to want it (maybe you still subsconsciously do?)
    definitely dont flirt back if youre not sure about your feelings! you might just end up hurting her by doing so
    Ive asked some of my friends and they also say her attitude towards me has changed.
    I don't think I've changed my attitude around her at all, I'm still being a good friend etc. Im not flirting back in a major way, if i don't do it back it could be considered as being rude.

(Original post by Sheikhspeare 🎭)
    this was not the response i was expecting from thou, i respect thou f'r that
    Expect the unexpected as Oscar Wilde once said. One also has mutual respect for thou for bringing a smile to ones face whist reading thou's comment.

ReputationRep:
    Ive asked some of my friends and they also say her attitude towards me has changed.
    I don't think I've changed my attitude around her at all, I'm still being a good friend etc. Im not flirting back in a major way, if i don't do it back it could be considered as being rude.
    if i were you, id just go on with it then but if she starts to flirt even more, talk to her about it, tell her youre not really interested in anything more than friendship

ReputationRep:
    no

if i were you, id just go on with it then but if she starts to flirt even more, talk to her about it, tell her youre not really interested in anything more than friendship
    Yeah that sounds like the best thing to do, but how long should i wait?

(Original post by blah3210)
    no

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds like the best thing to do, but how long should i wait?
    the quicker the better i guess, you wouldnt like her to have false hopes, right?

the quicker the better i guess, you wouldnt like her to have false hopes, right?
    Yeah I suppose so, thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose so, thanks for your advice
    no problem, feel free to update

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.