Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got my interview for adult nursing next week. Just wanted to know what type of questions they ask except for the 2 they sent via email.. I would be grateful if you guys give me some tips for the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana0097)
    I have got my interview for adult nursing next week. Just wanted to know what type of questions they ask except for the 2 they sent via email.. I would be grateful if you guys give me some tips for the interview

Hi, my interview was for child nursing but they asked me why child not adult nursing, describe a time when I've been compassionate, any challenges I think I may encounter during the course, my previous work experience dealing with the general public, how I would deal with children dying/sick, previous education experience, role of a child nurse, difference between a nurse and hca! That's all I can remember for now, hope it's okay! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose_93)
    Hi, my interview was for child nursing but they asked me why child not adult nursing, describe a time when I've been compassionate, any challenges I think I may encounter during the course, my previous work experience dealing with the general public, how I would deal with children dying/sick, previous education experience, role of a child nurse, difference between a nurse and hca! That's all I can remember for now, hope it's okay! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow that seems like alot of questions. Do you remember how long the interview was? How did yours go? Have you heard from them yet?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that seems like alot of questions. Do you remember how long the interview was? How did yours go? Have you heard from them yet?
    Thanks
    I actually can't remember how long it was, the time flew 😅. Yeah they offered me a place for child nursing and I've firmed it already 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm try answer this question any tips Q: What do you think are some of the key challenges facing nursing / midwifery staff in the NHS at the moment? Why are they important to your chosen field of nursing or midwifery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainab2016)
    Hi guys I'm try answer this question any tips Q: What do you think are some of the key challenges facing nursing / midwifery staff in the NHS at the moment? Why are they important to your chosen field of nursing or midwifery?
    For key challenges I talked about the shortage of nurses in the nhs. I said it's important to child nursing because there's not enough neo natal nurses in the country and there isn't enough school nurses either and they're being pulled out of schools. I just expanded on those two ideas and talked more about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you I was thinking about that as well but I just wanted to confirm that I am right thank you

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't remember how long it was, the time flew 😅. Yeah they offered me a place for child nursing and I've firmed it already 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow congrats i see...its just that i get very nervous and forget what i prepared to talk about lol and one more question did you dress formal or just casual? Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you I was thinking about that as well but I just wanted to confirm that I am right thank you
    I was thinking of the same haha shortage of nurses in hospitals and stuff and im struggling on other question :'(

ReputationRep:
    Which question is that

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow congrats i see...its just that i get very nervous and forget what i prepared to talk about lol and one more question did you dress formal or just casual? Thank you so much
    No problem ask me any question! I dressed formal I think. Black trousers not jeans and a white blouse long sleeve. Then I just had my black jacket and handbag. Didn't really wear jewellery and simple makeup ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which question is that
    If you were given £1million to spend on an improvement to healthcare in your local area; what would you spend it on and why have you identified this as important?

ReputationRep:
    No problem ask me any question! I dressed formal I think. Black trousers not jeans and a white blouse long sleeve. Then I just had my black jacket and handbag. Didn't really wear jewellery and simple makeup ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will do 😂😭 thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your interview! I had scheduled my interview for next week but thought that a week's notice wasn't enough, especially as a mature student with a full time job. I've now pushed mine back.

I hope this was a good decision, I'm a bit worried that they'll have fewer spaces to offer so my chances of getting in will be affected!

Anyway, thank you to all who have posted, very helpful info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_w101)
    Good luck with your interview! I had scheduled my interview for next week but thought that a week's notice wasn't enough, especially as a mature student with a full time job. I've now pushed mine back.

I hope this was a good decision, I'm a bit worried that they'll have fewer spaces to offer so my chances of getting in will be affected!

Anyway, thank you to all who have posted, very helpful info!
    Same! I got my exam results after more than a month time, I had to contact them twice. Got a week notice for my interview too which isnt enough time to prepare since I work full time And on top on that I caught cold now....idk if i should re-schedule mine
    More chances of you getting an offer if you can do it early
    Goodluck to you too and hope everything goes smoothly haha

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im really struggling with this question If you were given £1million to spend on an improvement to healthcare in your local area; what would you spend it on and why have you identified this as important?
    Please give me some ideas ㅠ ㅠ

ReputationRep:
    Im really struggling with this question If you were given £1million to spend on an improvement to healthcare in your local area; what would you spend it on and why have you identified this as important?
    Please give me some ideas ㅠ ㅠ
    U could talk about lack of funding for mental health services

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.