Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do religous people have an issue with Gay marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you believe homosexuality is wrong then only get married to the opposite sex. Why take away someones else's right?
    For example, religious people think that adultery is wrong. So religious people only have sex after marriage. FINE. However people that are maybe not religious have sex before marriage and people tolerate it. So should we now criminalize adultery?

Gay marriage does not affect anyone.
    I am Christian myself however I dont give a **** if two men or two women wanna ****

ReputationRep:
    I don't know either, especially when there are so many biblical laws that go ignored, my mum was raised Catholic and she doesn't have a problem with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I don't know either, especially when there are so many biblical laws that go ignored, my mum was raised Catholic and she doesn't have a problem with it
    Even if the Bible says it is wrong, who gives a ****. Not everyone believes in your bible so why shuld it dictate anyone elses life

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Muslim but I'm not again gay marriage. In fact, I support LTGB rights. After all, its a matter of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not gonna stick by the laws of traditional marriage and the spirituality and oneness etc it's about why call it "marriage"

Why can't it just be civil partnership. You can be together and harmony and have a right to do so; and live like that it's still a union but don't call it marriage when you can't even naturally procreate. Just imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    If you're not gonna stick by the laws of traditional marriage and the spirituality and oneness etc it's about why call it "marriage"

Why can't it just be civil partnership

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who are YOU to define what a traditional marriage is? Religion does not own marriage. Please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTrust)
    Who are YOU to define what a traditional marriage is? Religion does not own marriage. Please...
    Okay then why are you even asking. What is marriage about then?This is why it has always been about thus I said "traditionally" ( regardless or religion as well)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you believe homosexuality is wrong then only get married to the opposite sex. Why take away someones else's right?
    For example, religious people think that adultery is wrong. So religious people only have sex after marriage. FINE. However people that are maybe not religious have sex before marriage and people tolerate it. So should we now criminalize adultery?

Gay marriage does not affect anyone.
    I am Christian myself however I dont give a **** if two men or two women wanna ****
    Because that's what they believe.

The most confusing part of this whole situation is how you attack someone else's opinion.

P.S I am not religious, couldn't care less for "Gay marriage", I'm just able to be unbiased clearly unlike most.

Why people feel the need to attack religions' beleifs daily, I'll never understand.

It's like attacking someone because they think they're going to win the lottery. It's a bloody opinion.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Why can't it just be civil partnership. You can be together and harmony and have a right to do so; and live like that it's still a union but don't call it marriage when you can't even naturally procreate. Just imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :no:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A man and a woman get married. They try to procreate naturally. They can't. Can they still call their marriage a marriage?

ReputationRep:
    Even if the Bible says it is wrong, who gives a ****.
    So are you a Christian or aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Christian and I think that everyone deserves to be happy. You're meant to love(doesn't have to be sexual) others and treat them as you'd like to be treated. If people are gay or straight and everything in between then that's great. That's their life and they deserve happiness, no matter who they love. Everyone's relationship with God, if they have one or believe in one, is their own and what they do with their lives is there's to decide.
    God is the only judge, in my opinion, so why should what others think stop people from living their lives?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    A man and a woman get married. They try to procreate naturally. They can't. Can they still call their marriage a marriage?
    okay well Usually when entering a marriage the intentions are to procreate. If they can't then they can't by the "equipment " is there, might be just be some kind of malfunctioning with it.

A vagina hole is literally( created to give birth and to be) the perfect place to accommodate a penis, if you really think up someone's butt is the NATURAL place for one to go then??? In the words of many many TSR Users "how is that in any way evolutionarily advantageous" it's not + also HIV is prevalent/high risk among gay men aka when penis is repeatedly put in someone's anus.

People can chose what they do with their **** and where they put it and not only gay men have anal but the main thing I want to know is what does marriage mean to you? Cause if it's being together in Union etc then civil partnership would suffice would it not? but I wouldn't know why homosexual couples want to call in marriage so I would like opinions on what marriage means to them and why civil partnership isn't enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    :no:
    What? Are you actually gonna say something or just syh?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    What? Are you actually gonna say something or just syh?
    I'm keeping out of this, I don't want to say anything I'll regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I'm keeping out of this, I don't want to say anything I'll regret.
    Why did u post to begin with then?
    Why would you regret saying something if it's your opinion?

But okay.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not gonna stick by the laws of traditional marriage
    Oh jeez what a stupid thing for you to say. I hope you're aware that "traditional marriage" isn't just what the CoE and CC have been shoving down people's throats for the past couple hundred years right, and that there's more history?

Let's stick to traditional laws and call for more polygamy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally not in-favour of Gay Marriage at all. I see it as unnecessary. You cannot fight for the rights of one and stomp on those of another. Marriage is a religious ceremony. Homosexuality is condemned by the Bible and marriage is characterised by the union of One Man and One Woman. Churches should be able to stick to their original practises because they have a right to religious freedom.

ReputationRep:
    okay well Usually when entering a marriage the intentions are to procreate. If they can't then they can't by the "equipment " is there, might be just be some kind of malfunctioning with it.

A vagina hole is literally( created to give birth and to be) the perfect place to accommodate a penis, if you really think up someone's butt is the NATURAL place for one to go then??? In the words of many many TSR Users "how is that in any way evolutionarily advantageous" it's not + also HIV is prevalent/high risk among gay men aka when penis is repeatedly put in someone's anus.

People can chose what they do with their **** and where they put it and not only gay men have anal but the main thing I want to know is what does marriage mean to you? Cause if it's being together in Union etc then civil partnership would suffice would it not? but I wouldn't know why homosexual couples want to call in marriage so I would like opinions on what marriage means to them and why civil partnership isn't enough?
    In calling it a civil partnership rather than a marriage, you're saying that their relationship is not as valid as a heterosexual couple's. It's lesser, and doesn't deserve to be called a 'marriage'.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought marriage was supposed to be about love. And I see no difference between the love that two men can feel for each other, and the love between a man and a woman. And that love should be celebrated through marriage, a legally-binding union.

Civil partnerships aren't sufficient, because they imply that homosexual relationships are less valid than heterosexual relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Because the usual religious texts say so

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.