Turn on thread page Beta

Why do religous people have an issue with Gay marriage? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Oh my word, you are impossible lmfao.
    Nice argument.

Golly gosh, I sure do love my inequality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    I'm a Muslim but I'm not again gay marriage. In fact, I support LTGB rights. After all, its a matter of human rights.
    Do you consider sexual acts of man/man or woman/woman a sin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis_hawkins)
    gays should never marry and ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE
    Jesus had two dads
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by alkaline.;[url="tel:63438687")
    63438687[/url]]okay well Usually when entering a marriage the intentions are to procreate. If they can't then they can't by the "equipment " is there, might be just be some kind of malfunctioning with it.

A vagina hole is literally( created to give birth and to be) the perfect place to accommodate a penis, if you really think up someone's butt is the NATURAL place for one to go then??? In the words of many many TSR Users "how is that in any way evolutionarily advantageous" it's not + also HIV is prevalent/high risk among gay men aka when penis is repeatedly put in someone's anus.

People can chose what they do with their **** and where they put it and not only gay men have anal but the main thing I want to know is what does marriage mean to you? Cause if it's being together in Union etc then civil partnership would suffice would it not? but I wouldn't know why homosexual couples want to call in marriage so I would like opinions on what marriage means to them and why civil partnership isn't enough?
    Does the above mean you aren't up for anal?
    And there was me thinking you were down af

- OP, i'm on the fence with this one. I can understand how religious people aren't okay with homosexual 'marriage'. It is between a man and a women. On the other hand, does it effect me? No. So why shoul i care... Let people be happy.
    As long as Churches etc aren't forced to marry to people of the same sex then i think that is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Pal, Marriage has been coined by religion.
    Marriage predates religion.

I'm gay myself, I hardly think we shouldn't have rights I just think civil partnerships are enough.
    How is your personal satisfaction with not marrying an argument against the right of others to marry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Nice argument.

Golly gosh, I sure do love my inequality.
    Wasn't an argument, it was an observation on how pointless this is because you don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shillary)
    Marriage predates religion.

How is your personal satisfaction with not marrying an argument against the right of others to marry?
    I didn't say it was, I simply said my opinion is this

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say it was, I simply said my opinion is this
    i dont want to marry a man either, just like you dont

so?

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to marry a man either, just like you dont

so?
    I'm gay? Lol. I do want to "marry" a man.

ReputationRep:
    I do want to "marry" a man.
    You just said you didn't.
    I just think civil partnerships are enough

ReputationRep:
    You just said you didn't.
    Hence "marry".

ReputationRep:
    Hence "marry".
    You are making zero sense. If you did not mean marry in the orthodox sense then that just proves my point.

Hilarious how you can say things like:
    I am the only damn user here who stands up for LGBT issues

Despite not thinking equal marriage is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Muslim but I'm not again gay marriage. In fact, I support LTGB rights. After all, its a matter of human rights.
    then you're not really a muslim since it's against your religion (im not religious myself) so whats the point of believing in a religion that you practically go against... erm doesn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    You are making zero sense. If you did not mean marry in the orthodox sense then that just proves my point.

Hilarious how you can say things like:

Despite not thinking equal marriage is necessary.
    Mate, for one, don't stalk my account. For two, I gave a reason. I think we should have the right to marry but the Church should have the right to refuse to wed couples on an individual basis. That is the way we have it here. Don't question me on rights that affect my life, cheers.

Yeah "making zero sense" - to you because you are misunderstanding my angle.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, for one, don't stalk my account.
    I will do what I damn please, 'mate'.

Don't question me on rights that affect my life, cheers.
    See above, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    My previous posts say I don't really see why gay marriage is necessary and whatever but stop talking drivel, dude. These days, people don't marry to have kids, they marry because they love the other person. That just doesn't even apply to modern-day marriages.

Secondly, what has this sex mallarky really got to do with it? I mean, for one, you ignore the fact that it isn't only men who are gay and everyone seems to do this all the time - women can also love, bang and marry other women. Gay marriage would apply to them also.
    I went on a bit of a random rant I acknowledge this. Yes I know but if people don't do it for the children then it is for "stability" of their existing relationship which can be achieved by civil partnership as well can't it?

I know women can, can they really "bang" though lol the only part of their body that really goes up might be fingers lol ofc they "scissor" for sex or whatever (or having to use a dildo.... plastic **** - ****, even though they're lesbians)

can they not love each other without "marriage" though, surely civil partnership is declaring the same "love" thing.

(Original post by Unistudent77)
    Does the above mean you aren't up for anal? And there was me thinking you were down af - OP, i'm on the fence with this one. I can understand how religious people aren't okay with homosexual 'marriage'. It is between a man and a women. On the other hand, does it effect me? No. So why shoul i care... Let people be happy.As long as Churches etc aren't forced to marry to people of the same sex then i think that is fine.

loool yes it does mean that

(Original post by GonnaBeMyYear)
    I love how people use the excuse 'gay marriage is unnatural' - how many times do you see two sparrows in the wild gathering all their sparrow friends and having a little sparrow marriage? MARRIAGE ITSELF is unnatural!Gotta thank Dan Hardcastle (DanNerdCubed) for that analogy
    are we animals LOL? if you want to lower yourself to the state of wild animal... go ahead by all means.
    but even so, some animals do actually maintain loyalty to one another. They don't get "married" cause they don't have a higher level of thinking pmsl do u expect them to have little sparrow courts and sign little sparrow marriage documents...

no-one is forcing you into monogamy.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did in my original point, mate.
    You are basically saying that it is an interference with religious freedom for same-sex marriage to even exist, even if it is secular and completely separate from the church.

You also don't seem to understand that Christianity in England in 2016 does not have a monopoly on the term "marriage". The concept, and the term if you look at the etymology, predates Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Do you consider sexual acts of man/man or woman/woman a sin?
    Its not my place to consider someone else's sexual acts as anything. I really don't care who has sex with who. Its insignificant to me. I ain't no saint or mulana to pass fatwas on such issues nor do I wish to.

(Original post by Satoshii)
    then you're not really a muslim since it's against your religion (im not religious myself) so whats the point of believing in a religion that you practically go against... erm doesn't make sense
    Firstly, don't tell me whether I am a Muslim or not.

Muslim is anyone who believes in Kalima and oneness of Allah and I do. You could say I'm not a active Muslim but you have no right to tell others whether they are Muslim or not. Its between Allah and me. Not you, society and me. Simple as that.

Its such judgemental attitudes of Muslims that puts me off Muslim Ummah.

ReputationRep:
    Its not my place to consider someone else's sexual acts as anything. I really don't care who has sex with who. Its insignificant to me. I ain't no saint or mulana to pass fatwas on such issues nor do I wish to.

Firstly, don't tell me whether I am a Muslim or not.

Muslim is anyone who believes in Kalima and oneness of Allah and I do. You could say I'm not a active Muslim but you have no right to tell others whether they are Muslim or not. Its between Allah and me. Not you, society and me. Simple as that.

Its such judgemental attitudes of Muslims that puts me off Muslim Ummah.
    If the same person (Allah) is the one who says you are muslim or not and you are disobeying one of the biggest things he mentions in the Quran then surely logic would say you are not Muslim. But can you answer how you believe in a religion you logically (by practise) believe its wrong and against human rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    If the same person (Allah) is the one who says you are muslim or not and you are disobeying one of the biggest things he mentions in the Quran then surely logic would say you are not Muslim. But can you answer how you believe in a religion you logically (by practise) believe its wrong and against human rights
    I refer you back to my old post. If Allah wants to judge, he can. You are NO ONE to pass such comments. And what people believe in is not something you should care about. You should be more concerned about your actions and instead of pointing at other, work on yourself.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.