Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is feminism the greatest fairytale story ever told? watch

ReputationRep:
    Western feminism is a joke. It makes me ashamed that they can represent my gender. Arguing about yoghurt ads and men in gyms while women are heavily oppressed in other countries some without their basic human rights. It makes me cringe. It's shameful how self-entitled a lot of them act too. Their woe is me act as if they are the true victims in the world and we should pander to their needs.

Meanwhile women in the east can't go to school without the permission of a man, they can't drive nor make any important decisions. It's like comparing a broken nail to a broken leg. It makes us look like pitiful whiny brats. Oh no a video game character doesn't wear much, oh no he called her "a woman" in that ad and all the other bs they complain about...

The greatest fairytale, in one sense yes, it's so false most of it is exaggerated and overcompensated like many stories are, biggest facade and lie ever told, definitely... and many of them truly believe that they are hard done by and on top of that they make a living off of it. It's nuts, completely batshit crazy.

ReputationRep:
    This is a scene from game of thrones were Daenerys speaks to the people of Mereen it's like a feminists wet dream, except in the great fairytale of feminism the people of mereen would be 90% male mixed in with the women who reject the fairytale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cze5A4iyQGk

This is where the great feminist turf war begins.

No, my favourite fairy story is Snow White

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    The story in all of this is believing that, and panicking that, women's fight for equality is a fight for supremacy. People often mistake radical feminism (what you lot refer to as feminazism) which believes in the subordination of men for the general feminist argument. Sadly, because everyone focuses on the worse points of society, we are showered with negativity portrayed by radicalism where the vast majority don't wish to pursue this.
    That quote shows they are willing to ignore others issues as long as they get what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Yes you are

You gave me so many poisoned apples, put me to sleep etc. You monster!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Only messing :lol:
    Damn, you figured out who it was... I take it you never saw the note in your locker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    No, my favourite fairy story is Snow White
    Snow white a fairytale of about a woman who sleeps all day and gets saved by a men's kiss, this story is overdone and is not a cash cow plus the feminists would never love this tale because in this tale men is a hero. To be honest some feminists may say that the prince kissed snow white without asking her permission so who knows the true feminist reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Sure.

Men are the wicked witches in my feminist fairytale.
    It's true. This one time, SS dropped a house on me and then threw a pail of water on my brother after she stole my shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    That quote shows they are willing to ignore others issues as long as they get what they want.
    Funnily enough, that's one of the most important criticisms of westerns feminism. It dosregards A) Situational factors which contribute to the scenario B) The experiences of other feminists (radical feminism seems to assume all women are under male oppression, where afro-caribbean families tend to be female-dominated) and other people on a whole.

(Original post by Mancini)
    Snow white a fairytale of about a woman who sleeps all day and gets saved by a men's kiss, this story is overdone and is not a cash cow plus the feminists would never love this tale because in this tale men is a hero. To be honest some feminists may say that prince kissed snow white without asking her permission so who knows the true feminist reaction.
    Who said I was a feminist?

ReputationRep:
    Who said I was a feminist?
    No one, not even me.

No one, not even me.
    Then why is the fact that a feminist wouldn't like Snow White relevant to me?

ReputationRep:
    'Words have meaning, but actions speak.' - Julien Sillard
    The more we do now, the easoer ot will be in the future. If we sit here, letting the nub OP talk all this BS about feminism and let feminists talk the same about meninism, we will never reach gender equality. Because it will be a form of turf war, since if feminists disregard meninism, female supremacy is likely to emerge. If men like OP follow his POV, crap like the 1950s will return. We need to see that equality starts with respect, and everyone deserves it.
    Do you miss having a working set of testicles?

ReputationRep:
    Then why is the fact that a feminist wouldn't like Snow White relevant to me?
    It's relevant to the thread topic, you aren't important.

ReputationRep:
    have you ever stopped to think WHY people hate the movement so much? heyyy maybe its because youre ignorant.

white cis straight men literally have the most power in the whole world. this is not okay, but to change it, youll have to convince them. no important dude is gonna listen to a bunch of raging teenagers who spout out ******** like “kill all white people” or “kill all men”.
    its like youre trying to become the teachers pet by not doing your homework ITS NOT GONNA WORK

so yes please stop being raging 2-year-olds and start being intelligent angry adults

It's relevant to the thread topic, you aren't important.
    Hurtful, but I know when I'm not wanted... If anyone cares I'll be in that corner singing one day my prince will come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laci Green)
    have you ever stopped to think WHY people hate the movement so much? heyyy maybe its because youre ignorant.

white cis straight men literally have the most power in the whole world. this is not okay, but to change it, youll have to convince them. no important dude is gonna listen to a bunch of raging teenagers who spout out ******** like “kill all white people” or “kill all men”.
    its like youre trying to become the teachers pet by not doing your homework ITS NOT GONNA WORK

so yes please stop being raging 2-year-olds and start being intelligent angry adults
    valar morghulis

Damn, you figured out who it was... I take it you never saw the note in your locker?
    Oh I saw it
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    It's true. This one time, SS dropped a house on me and then threw a pail of water on my brother after she stole my shoes.
    Hahaha wearing them now. You jel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Do you miss having a working set of testicles?
    Make jests. At the end of the day, I have actually read up and studied the topic thoroughly. Whereas you with your 'working set of testicles' knows next to nothing about the movement for equality and instead feels empowered by trying to achieve male dominion. Well, bub, sorry to break it to you but you are going to see some serious changes in the next few decades.

Don't like that? Piss off to somewhere with other mysoginistic, narrow/numb minded fools like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Make jests. At the end of the day, I have actually read up and studied the topic thoroughly. Whereas you with your 'working set of testicles' knows next to nothing about the movement for equality and instead feels empowered by trying to achieve male dominion. Well, bub, sorry to break it to you but you are going to see some serious changes in the next few decades.

Don't like that? Piss off to somewhere with other mysoginistic, narrow/numb minded fools like yourself.
    Women are not only equal, but the ruling power over us.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear of the #likeagirl "girl emoji".

Now an ad about girls complaining that girls emoji don't represent their bravery and good characteristics and Yadda Yadda is funny. It sounds so fake that it's a real ad.

Now that is an a grade a example of third wave feminism.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.