Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain First attacked in London Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    In their latest begging email, they claimed that Muslims spit at any one within a half mile radius. Bloody hell. Those are some super Muslims
    tfw ur on Britain First's mailing list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    tfw ur on Britain First's mailing list
    I'm not

ReputationRep:
    What? No it isn't. You should be able to attack them. Should we just let people spout hate without being challenged? We've also never truly had freedom of speech either in the UK
    That's a very dangerous opinion and you should think twice before you commit yourself to such a philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    These guys have some balls.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why they didn't just ignore them. Their behaviour was disgusting ew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    That's a very dangerous opinion and you should think twice before you commit yourself to such a philosophy.
    Why? Are you saying they shouldn't be challenged? If you're talking about not wishing to stifle freedom of speech then why do you wish to stifle my freedom of speech, that is to challenge them for their views?

ReputationRep:
    Why? Are you saying they shouldn't be challenged? If you're talking about not wishing to stifle freedom of speech then why do you wish to stifle my freedom of speech, that is to challenge them for their views?
    Of course not. Challenging another side is the whole reason we're having this discussion. Don't be silly and think that attacking a group is an amicable alternative to debating, because it isn't. I'm disagreeing with your view, but I'm not silencing you. There's a difference.
    Do I even need to mention Martin Luther King? You're effectively advocating for assassinations and other forms of violence to push your own agenda. "You should be able to attack them". No, you shouldn't. You can't talk about freedom of speech and back such a demonstrably negative approach to politics.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. Challenging another side is the whole reason we're having this discussion. Don't be silly and think that attacking a group is an amicable alternative to debating, because it isn't. I'm disagreeing with your view, but I'm not silencing you. There's a difference.
    Do I even need to mention Martin Luther King?
    I was using the word "attacking" to mean attacking their views... Attacking isn't always a physical thing...

ReputationRep:
    I was using the word "attacking" to mean attacking their views... Attacking isn't always a physical thing...
    The topic was "Britain First attacked in London", where there was physical violence. If you use the same word to describe debating or arguing, then of course there's going to be confusion. I'm glad you meant that, though.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever your opinion is on Britain First, attacking them is a form of 'silencing', which is effectively the suppression of free speech.
    They incite racial hatred though. I do believe that is the exception to free speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    They incite racial hatred though. I do believe that is the exception to free speech.
    What racial hatred?

They pretty much repeat:

"Mohammed was a pedo" - fact (though trivial)

"Quran thinks its right to kill infidels" - fact (though somewhat taken out of context)

"Islam is sexist" - fact (in the sense that men and women aren't strictly treated as equals)

And there are enclaves in the UK overrun with (Asian) Muslims. A proportion of these people are born in the UK, (usually 1-3rd generation), but that does not make them British by any significant definition. Being born on British soil is a triviality. Identifying with British culture is at least slightly more meaningful, and when you're raised in these enclaves, it's unlikely that you identify with British culture.

Racial hatred is coming from the muslims who are spouting race filled insults, "white" this, "white" that.

ReputationRep:
    Religion of peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryBeTrippin)
    What racial hatred?

They pretty much repeat:

"Mohammed was a pedo" - fact (though trivial)

"Quran thinks its right to kill infidels" - fact (though somewhat taken out of context)

"Islam is sexist" - fact (in the sense that men and women aren't strictly treated as equals)

And there are enclaves in the UK overrun with (Asian) Muslims. A proportion of these people are born in the UK, (usually 1-3rd genertaion), but that does not make them British by any significant definition. Being born on British soil is a triviality. Identifying with British culture is at least slightly more meaningful, and when you're raised in these enclaves, it's unlikely that you identify with British culture.

Racial hatred is coming from the muslims who are spouting race filled insults, "white" this, "white" that.
    'Terrorist scum, off our streets! Terrorist scum, off our streets!'

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... So that's not inciting racial hatred? C'mon man, even you know that that's a bit edgy.

ReputationRep:
    'Terrorist scum, off our streets! Terrorist scum, off our streets!'

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... So that's not inciting racial hatred? C'mon man, even you know that that's a bit edgy.
    They weren't pointing fingers.

And domestic terrorists are likely to reside in these enclaves.

What's the problem?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    They weren't pointing fingers.

And domestic terrorists are likely to reside in these enclaves.

What's the problem?
    >implying that everyday, regular Muslims are terrorists
    >making everyone think everyday, regular Muslims are terrorists
    >inciting racial hatred and tension

See?

ReputationRep:
    >implying that everyday, regular Muslims are terrorists
    >making everyone think everyday, regular Muslims are terrorists
    >inciting racial hatred and tension

See?
    - Islam isn't a race.
    - British terrorists are likely to be radicalised in these enclaves

Facts.

ReputationRep:
    - Islam isn't a race.
    - British terrorists are likely to be radicalised in these enclaves

Facts.
    I am well aware that Islam isn't a race. But the thing is, which race are most Muslims? Pakistani, Iraqi, Iranian, or, in the eyes of the average Joe, anyone who looks like they're from the Middle-East. People automatically assume that anyone who looks likes they're Pakistani is a Muslim, and Britain First would argue that anyone who looks like a Muslim is a terrorist.

That's how they incite racial hatred.

And, that's not even to mention the religious hatred they incite. Surely you don't actually believe that every Muslim is a terrorist?

ReputationRep:
    I am well aware that Islam isn't a race. But the thing is, which race are most Muslims? Pakistani, Iraqi, Iranian, or, in the eyes of the average Joe, anyone who looks like they're from the Middle-East. People automatically assume that anyone who looks likes they're Pakistani is a Muslim, and Britain First would argue that anyone who looks like a Muslim is a terrorist.

That's how they incite racial hatred.

And, that's not even to mention the religious hatred they incite. Surely you don't actually believe that every Muslim is a terrorist?

They have nothing against pakistani's or iraqi's. They have something against the religion.

If they were truly racist, why then would they invite them to convert to christianity since they hate all middle easterners?

ReputationRep:
    They are racist though. Just look at posts by their members on Facebook and Twitter. Racial slurs aplenty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.