Britain First attacked in London Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    BF's racism does not justify the use of physical violence to silence their utterances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    I am well aware that Islam isn't a race. But the thing is, which race are most Muslims? Pakistani, Iraqi, Iranian, or, in the eyes of the average Joe, anyone who looks like they're from the Middle-East. People automatically assume that anyone who looks likes they're Pakistani is a Muslim, and Britain First would argue that anyone who looks like a Muslim is a terrorist.

That's how they incite racial hatred.

And, that's not even to mention the religious hatred they incite. Surely you don't actually believe that every Muslim is a terrorist?

It's not an exception of free speech. If you consider what they're saying to be hate speech, it is still free speech. In America, hate speech is permissible unless it's likely to escalate or provoke imminent hate violence. Free speech laws are a lot stricter over here, however, Britain First has made legitimate points about Muslim Immigration, and that's why they haven't been silenced or warned yet (by the higher powers).

ReputationRep:
    If you notice this white guy gets randomly attacked even though he is not part of BF also I would say that what is more worrying is that there are Muslim areas which are now no go areas for white British people which is unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    They are racist though. Just look at posts by their members on Facebook and Twitter. Racial slurs aplenty.
    a lot of their supporters are racist doesn't make them racist realistically a lot of Tory supporters are also racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Terrorists mainly come from Islamic background and cause suffering that's based on their ideologies. Nobody is generalizing, but it's logical to cease Muslim immigration in a time where EU migration is corrupt and unpredictable. We've seen that in Paris.
    What Trump is advocating for is something all countries should do.

It's not an exception of free speech. If you consider what they're saying to be hate speech, it is still free speech. In America, hate speech is permissible unless it's likely to escalate or provoke imminent hate violence. Free speech laws are a lot stricter over here, however, Britain First has made legitimate points about Muslim Immigration, and that's why they haven't been silenced or warned yet (by the higher powers).
    You realise that the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists is ridiculously small, right? Several tens of thousands of a percentage, maybe less. But because of a few, we should stop all Muslims from immigrating?

That's like saying we should constantly monitor all men, because a few of them rape women. And I assure you, the percentage of men who are rapists is far greater than the percentage of Muslims who are extremists.

And I am telling you, your right to free speech does not cover hate speech. Legally, that is. It simply doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    BF's racism does not justify the use of physical violence to silence their utterances.
    Physical violence? Of course not. Vigilante justice is always wrong.

But legal intervention? Of course their racism warrants it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Thoughts on this? Worrying how many people shouted Allah Akbar

That's London? It looks more like Lahore.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Dumb and dumber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    The police are doing an absolutely pitiful job on protecting these people's right to free assembly and free speech. They're lucky not to have been beheaded in the street.

ReputationRep:
    'Terrorist scum, off our streets! Terrorist scum, off our streets!'

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... So that's not inciting racial hatred? C'mon man, even you know that that's a bit edgy.
    People who are genuinely terrorists should be takken off the street, regardless of their race.

ReputationRep:
    You realise that the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists is ridiculously small, right? Several tens of thousands of a percentage, maybe less. But because of a few, we should stop all Muslims from immigrating?

That's like saying we should constantly monitor all men, because a few of them rape women. And I assure you, the percentage of men who are rapists is far greater than the percentage of Muslims who are extremists.

And I am telling you, your right to free speech does not cover hate speech. Legally, that is. It simply doesn't.
    Well it should. Freedom of speech should not extend only to sugar-coated utterances. Besides, I didn't hear any hate speech from these BF protestors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    These guys have some balls.
    They do have some pretty big gonads.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are so ballsy, the Britain First groups always engage in special pleading, try to rationalise their views ''muh grandparents'', ''muh quran quotes''

Muslims are just ''Allah is on our side, go to hell'', I have an odd admiration for that.

ReputationRep:
    tbh bear™ wouldn't mind kettling that Jayda :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    Muslims are so ballsy, the Britain First groups always engage in special pleading, try to rationalise their views ''muh grandparents'', ''muh quran quotes''

Muslims are just ''Allah is on our side, go to hell'', I have an odd admiration for that.
    Ballsy? In a crowd of 300 against a crowd of about 12? LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, if I gave you a bowl of Smarties and told you that one of the Smarties is poisonous, would you eat the whole bowl? If you even ate half of the bowl, you still don't know which one is poisonous. So what do you do? You don't eat any of them.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at that white woman siding with those shouting Allahu Akbar. Bet she's a feminist.

East London. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Ballsy? In a crowd of 300 against a crowd of about 12? LOL!
    Surely that proves the strength of Islam.

A small group of grubby chavs insult Islam, every Muslim male in the area is mobilised. I don't agree with Islamic values, but they have the courage to stand up for their values, without apology or justification, unlike Europeans who sell their children for a quiet life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Put it this way, if I gave you a bowl of Smarties and told you that one of the Smarties is poisonous, would you eat the whole bowl? If you even ate half of the bowl, you still don't know which one is poisonous. So what do you do? You don't eat any of them.
    Smh smarties for life, eat 'em all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.