Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain First attacked in London Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    What? Are you suggesting that Muslims are likely to be terrorists, when Muslims make up a laughably low amount of terrorists? You're supporting someone who is prejudiced..
    I'm not suggesting: I'm telling you that an overwhelming number of extremists/terrorists come from an Islamic background. It's not prejudice to say that we don't want you here because your religion is creating massive amounts of violence. It doesn't matter how high or low the figures are, but the fact that there are figures, which most importantly align on the same fundamental basis: "we're destroying you because you don't share the same ideology", etc.

Or put it this way. There's 1000 babies in the room. One of them will grow up to be a terrorist. Do you shoot all the babies because one of them will end up killing 2000 people?
    That simile doesn't apply to this scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Or put it this way. There's 1000 babies in the room. One of them will grow up to be a terrorist. Do you shoot all the babies because one of them will end up killing 2000 people?
    No you dont shoot the babies... but you you also dont open your borders and invite them into your society by the millions cos then you have much more than one massacre waging Jihadi on your hands in 20 years time looking to commit atrocities on your civilians and infrastructure whilst also radicalising numerous others of the 999 people to do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobjim12)
    "What race is Islam?" - sums up Britain First..
    What? They're replying to them being called racist for protesting against Islam by saying Islam isn't a race, it's a fair point.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the leader's Wikipedia article. The fact that he was arrested multiple times, including harassment of women (when he's ironically insulting the councilor for not shaking the woman's hand), it pretty much sums up how pathetic this group is. I feel sorry for the true Christians who are being misrepresented by this crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Thoughts on this? Worrying how many people shouted Allah Akbar
    I can't stand Britain First, bunch of tedious fascist prats.

But I'm getting sick of the way a violent, extreme section of the Muslim community seems to be out of control and their own community is not taking steps to rein them in. If anything, many parts of that community seem to oppose any measure designed to deal with extremism and claim it's all a conspiracy to oppress them

ReputationRep:
    What? No it isn't. You should be able to attack them. Should we just let people spout hate without being challenged? We've also never truly had freedom of speech either in the UK
    You should be able to use violence against someone who says something that upsets you?

That kind of attitude is why the Muslim community has such problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    What? They're replying to them being called racist for protesting against Islam by saying Islam isn't a race, it's a fair point.
    But they themselves have made a link to Islam and the Middle Easterns (a race) by telling them to "go back to their country." I'm pretty sure they'll say something similar to a white Muslim convert too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    You should be able to use violence against someone who says something that upsets you?

He did earlier confirm that he meant "attack" as in "challenge", but yeah, confusing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Yeh they probably are ... but it's not a crime (yet) to be racist.
    I'm pretty sure it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Thoughts on this? Worrying how many people shouted Allah Akbar

Do you support Britain First?

I think this was on your recommended....

ReputationRep:
    But I'm getting sick of the way a violent, extreme section of the Muslim community seems to be out of control and their own community is not taking steps to rein them in. If anything, many parts of that community seem to oppose any measure designed to deal with extremism and claim it's all a conspiracy to oppress them
    The same could be said of Britain First. Are non-muslims doing very much about them? I didn't see many white people in the counter protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    Do you support Britain First?
    no I don't

ReputationRep:

A) who said I'm Muslim
    B) if you read what I said later on, I never suggested that they should be physically attacked. This was made perfectly clear

Therein lies your own prejudice. You assume because someone says the word "attack" it definitely means they're a Muslim and they're definitely talking about violence

Now should I say that there is a problem within the white English non Muslim community (note that I do not know that you are white English or non Muslim), with regards to reading comprehension? Should I make the same prejudiced comments?

ReputationRep:
    A) who said I'm Muslim
    I didn't say you were a Muslim. I said that kind of attitude is what causes problems in the Muslim community (that it is okay to physically attack someone who has upset you).

B) if you read what I said later on, I never suggested that they should be physically attacked. This was made perfectly clear
    As others have said, it really wasn't that clear. If you have clarified that you didn't mean physically attack, then I withdraw my statement.

with regards to reading comprehension? Should I make the same prejudiced comments?
    There's no need to become nasty; I understood your comment to mean "attack" in the sense in which it is ordinarily understood and in which other people on this thread took it to mean. It is dishonest for you to claim that somehow my perception of what you were saying was way off base when others understood that to be your meaning too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    The same could be said of Britain First. Are non-muslims doing very much about them? I didn't see many white people in the counter protest.
    How many members of Britain First have blown themselves up on trains killing dozens of their fellow citizens? How many members of Britain First have travelled abroad to enslave and murder other people?

Also, the point is that Britain First are not accepted in mainstream society. They are reviled and they are not welcome amongst civilised people and polite society. The same cannot be said for the extremists in the Muslim community; even if the majority of Muslims do not personally agree with directly using violence against other British people, they also do not expel the extremists from their community. They do not say, "No, you are not allowed to be in our mosques. If you are an extremist, I will not do business with you, I will not have you contract marriage with my family members, I will not associate with you in any way".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    You look at this video and it makes you wonder how the British ever held the world's largest empire. Fact is British men are cowards today otherwise they would be out en masse defending their communities from from these savages.

British politicians are traitors for allowing Muslims to infest the urban areas and the police are traitors for not taking action against those Muslims in the video who physically attacked the BF activists.
    What a racist scumbag. You talk about other humans as if they are animals

ReputationRep:
    Having watched the video I don't see what B.F. has done wrong, at least they are trying to stand up to what is happening to this country that all the loony lefties and blind to the real world morons are letting happen. We are having all this pc b.s. etc rammed down our throats that we are being forced to accept or have the moronic pc brigade etc playing and labelling people with the 'racist' card. If they didn't like what the b.f. group were doing then they should have ignored it and it would have just past and after maybe doing it a few times then they probably wouldn't show up. They aren't helping to paint their religion and the people from the middle eastern countries etc in a better light they are just helping to prove the bad points.

This country is going to see a civil war at some point if this continues and it could quickly esculate and reach the ww3 point. The police were having trouble trying to protect b.f. from all the people who are medievil in their protesting method which says alot about the people that we are letting into this country to live and the countries they are from. The police wouldn't be able to stop it with all the cuts that have been made and are still being made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    What a racist scumbag. You talk about other humans as if they are animals
    Fact is a lot of humans act worse then animals. I don't have a problem calling them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    Having watched the video I don't see what B.F. has done wrong, at least they are trying to stand up to what is happening to this country that all the loony lefties and blind to the real world morons are letting happen. We are having all this pc b.s. etc rammed down our throats that we are being forced to accept or have the moronic pc brigade etc playing and labelling people with the 'racist' card. If they didn't like what the b.f. group were doing then they should have ignored it and it would have just past and after maybe doing it a few times then they probably wouldn't show up. They aren't helping to paint their religion and the people from the middle eastern countries etc in a better light they are just helping to prove the bad points.

This country is going to see a civil war at some point if this continues and it could quickly esculate and reach the ww3 point. The police were having trouble trying to protect b.f. from all the people who are medievil in their protesting method which says alot about the people that we are letting into this country to live and the countries they are from. The police wouldn't be able to stop it with all the cuts that have been made and are still being made
    Lols you should write for The Onion. "ww3"?.....yeah ok :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.