Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best assassins creed game for Xbox 360 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey I want to try an AC game for the first time and have an Xbox 360, which is the best one you guys can recommend for me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Hey I want to try an AC game for the first time and have an Xbox 360, which is the best one you guys can recommend for me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would go one of two ways:

*If you're going in for a story-driven experience, I say pick up the Assassin's Creed collection for £20 off Amazon and start from the very beginning. That way you can enjoy the whole story rather than being dropped off midway through which can be very confusing in this series. The older AC games hold up pretty well compared to later games in terms of graphics and playability, but start off relatively limited in variety before branching out further and further with each successive game. I played through most of the series last year for the first time since they were released and greatly enjoyed it.

*If you're just in it for the gameplay, get Black Flag. It's the most fully featured and developed game in the series available for 360, the overarching story takes a backseat (if you weren't aware, the historical figures you play in each game actually exist within the memories of a modern day character whose memories are being explored and recorded. That's not a spoiler by the way, it's explained in the first 5 minutes of the first game :ahee:), it's got the most interesting world and the pirate element is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I would go one of two ways:

*If you're going in for a story-driven experience, I say pick up the Assassin's Creed collection for £20 off Amazon and start from the very beginning. That way you can enjoy the whole story rather than being dropped off midway through which can be very confusing in this series. The older AC games hold up pretty well compared to later games in terms of graphics and playability, but start off relatively limited in variety before branching out further and further with each successive game. I played through most of the series last year for the first time since they were released and greatly enjoyed it.

*If you're just in it for the gameplay, get Black Flag. It's the most fully featured and developed game in the series available for 360, the overarching story takes a backseat (if you weren't aware, the historical figures you play in each game actually exist within the memories of a modern day character whose memories are being explored and recorded. That's not a spoiler by the way, it's explained in the first 5 minutes of the first game :ahee:), it's got the most interesting world and the pirate element is awesome.
    Hmm I'm torn because I want to follow the story from the start but I have seen footage of Black Flag and it looks so good! What do you recommend lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well my favourites although not many people will agree is Rogue and Assassins Creed 3.

However I wouldn't start at 3 as you will have no idea whats going on. And rogue, hmm i think you will enjoy it more if you have played 3.
    I would recommend starting on the first one which is my least favourite or watching some videos on it and going straight to 2. You shouldn't play brotherhood or revs without playing 2 first. 4 is pretty good. And its kinda like a new start in a way. You don't really need to play the others as morden day wise its completely different.
    And rogue is the same as 4 but like I said above playing 3 and 4 would make this game more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    start from AC2, work your way through through them from there

ReputationRep:
    Opinion really varies. The first game is actually a bit different to the rest of the franchise, I think it's my favourite. AC II is more polished but takes a less cerebral approach (this was where you started being able to kill 30 people in a swordfight with swishy moves). Brotherhood is further polished. Revelations is more for fans, this was when people started getting tired of the same game. AC III suffers even more from sterility, but would be your favourite if you're native American. AC IV has pirates but no story.

ReputationRep:
    Black Flag is good but it isn't really an Assassin's Creed game.

I'd say get the Heritage Collection (can buy used from £20 on Amazon). Individually, though: AC:2, or AC:Revelations.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by davidguettafan)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Black Flag is by far the best AC game. The difference in quality of story, game play, variety and characterization is vastly better than any other AC games.

Black Flag is one of the best games on last gen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.