Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone help me with this argument please?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!!

I need help with critically evaluating 'pre-nuptial agreements' (for and against)
    Any help will be great!!!

Law module: Child and Family Law.

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellay)
    Hi Everyone!!

I need help with critically evaluating 'pre-nuptial agreements' (for and against)
    Any help will be great!!!

Law module: Child and Family Law.

Thank you!!!
    I'm not too sure what you mean. Like what are the good and bad aspects of using prenups or??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    I'm not too sure what you mean. Like what are the good and bad aspects of using prenups or??
    This is what was written on my uni portal by my seminar teacher "Critically evaluate the legal arguments for and against pre-nuptial agreements"

I guess it means the good and bad of using prenup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellay)
    This is what was written on my uni portal by my seminar teacher "Critically evaluate the legal arguments for and against pre-nuptial agreements"

I guess it means the good and bad of using prenup
    The phrase "legal arguments" means we must ignore stuff to do with emotions.

So just focus on the terms that can help out people's businesses/ money.

Things such as if one partner has debt, and the other doesn't, it stops the debtless person inheriting this debt.

Google "Prenuptial agreements - Pros and Cons". I've already seen a few useful posts. Use them to give yourself a ton of ideas then go from there.

You mainly need to establish what it is, so maybe an introductory section for that. This allows you to get straight into answering the question - what's good and what's bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    The phrase "legal arguments" means we must ignore stuff to do with emotions.

So just focus on the terms that can help out people's businesses/ money.

Things such as if one partner has debt, and the other doesn't, it stops the debtless person inheriting this debt.

Google "Prenuptial agreements - Pros and Cons". I've already seen a few useful posts. Use them to give yourself a ton of ideas then go from there.

You mainly need to establish what it is, so maybe an introductory section for that. This allows you to get straight into answering the question - what's good and what's bad?
    Thank you so much!!!! Appreciate the guidance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellay)
    Thank you so much!!!! Appreciate the guidance
    Anytime Be sure to quote me/ DM me if you want anymore help.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,Can anyone help me with this question plsAccording to Radmacher v Granatino [2009] EWCA Civ 649 “The court should give effect to a nuptial agreement that is freely entered into by each party with a full appreciation of its implications unless in the circumstances prevailing it would not be fair to hold the parties to their agreement.”Critically evaluate whether nuptial agreements are now legally binding.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.