Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The pre-release came out today, and I was wondering if anybody has it as I wasn't able to take note of it, but it was a physical question.

Can somebody also elaborate on how to tackle the question.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it came out today? I was under the impression it might be a couple more weeks before we get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han-)
    Are you sure it came out today? I was under the impression it might be a couple more weeks before we get it!
    Yeah I thought the same thing! but nope, I saw it today in the classroom. Its a physical question about the seismic and volcanic impacts upon the landscape, I'm so pissed - I wanted a human question! ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomewarsome)
    Yeah I thought the same thing! but nope, I saw it today in the classroom. Its a physical question about the seismic and volcanic impacts upon the landscape, I'm so pissed - I wanted a human question! ahhhhhh
    Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know!

So you wanted a more impacts based report then?

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly - just need to do lots of preparation!

ReputationRep:
    Unit 4 is like a 72 mark essay right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveSandu)
    Unit 4 is like a 72 mark essay right?
    Yeah something like that, I thought it was 70 though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han-)
    Yeah something like that, I thought it was 70 though!
    My bad it's 70 What topic are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Do you still need someone to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone send me the pre release in a pdf document. I really need it, i'm a private candidate and am currently away from UK and i dont have an edexcel login...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omz97)
    Can anyone send me the pre release in a pdf document. I really need it, i'm a private candidate and am currently away from UK and i dont have an edexcel login...
    Here you go
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Unit 4.pdf (53.9 KB, 1291 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by envgeog)
    yes please if you could, it would be really helpful! & also for the unit 3 pre release to

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any examples of fieldwork for Cultural Diversity? I'm retaking from home and much prefer this one, I just need something to use as fieldwork.

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing tectonics for Unit 4 and I am really struggling atm in terms of what to revise, because I am an external student. If anyone has any notes/help/prediction questions they could email me I would really appreciate it. Also I have noticed the January 2011 question is very similar, if anyone could email me a decent report to that that too I would be grateful.. I could also email my January 2011 report back to you once I've done it. Any help please (Same goes for unit 3 pre release)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by envgeog)
    yes please

ReputationRep:
    The pre-release came out today, and I was wondering if anybody has it as I wasn't able to take note of it, but it was a physical question.

Can somebody also elaborate on how to tackle the question.
    I am completely lost with how to prepare for this and how to summarise all my research!

ReputationRep:
    Guysss PLEASEEEE did anyone do a sample report for U4 Tectonics??or has found a sample from January 2011?i need so much help with phrasing,structure etc..i have all the points i want to add but dont know how to elaborate on them!i need to see a sample!I found some online for 2011 but they dont follow the right structure or they arr copy-pastes from the textbook..so im guessing they would be marked really low..please help!anyone have a report from their teacher or something that was marked??Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    can someone make a quick plan for these questions for tectonics unit 4:

1) to what extent are tectonic processes the main factor for the formation of mountain ranges?
    2) assess the reasons why distinctive landscapes are formed in areas of tectonic activity?

and can someone tell me the difference between these two questions and how they would answer this:

- evaluate the role of seismic processes in creating a range of distinctive landscapes
    - to what extent do seismic processes contribute to the formation of distinctive landscapes?

I understand the latter requires to create debate between concepts like seismic v volcanic and seismic v weathering/denundation etc, but im wondering if the first question requires you to do the same or does it want you to outline the different seismic processes like folding/faulting and then evaluate them in detail without bringing in other factors, or does it still require you to bring in other factors like the second question does. I think I'm just confused between the command words.

ReputationRep:
    can someone make a quick plan for these questions for tectonics unit 4:

1) to what extent are tectonic processes the main factor for the formation of mountain ranges?
    2) assess the reasons why distinctive landscapes are formed in areas of tectonic activity?

and can someone tell me the difference between these two questions and how they would answer this:

- evaluate the role of seismic processes in creating a range of distinctive landscapes
    - to what extent do seismic processes contribute to the formation of distinctive landscapes?

I understand the latter requires to create debate between concepts like seismic v volcanic and seismic v weathering/denundation etc, but im wondering if the first question requires you to do the same or does it want you to outline the different seismic processes like folding/faulting and then evaluate them in detail without bringing in other factors, or does it still require you to bring in other factors like the second question does. I think I'm just confused between the command words.
    For the one telling you to evaluate the role of seismic processes you also need to mention their significance relative to volcanics and stuff in order to make a good argument about the roles seismic activity plays.
    Also, I don't think they'd ask number 1 because making candidates focus purely on mountain ranges is evil, but you could focus on Mid Atlantic, Andes and Himalayas and different processes that form these.
    Number 2 is also quite a difficult one, I'd look at how similar processes form different landscapes in different areas based on location and type of plate boundary. Denudation is also significant. I'd say look at three main factors: type of plate boundary and crust present, type of process and sub aerial non-tectonic processes.

ReputationRep:
    I have a brilliant mock report done by my teacher on this, would that be helpful? Also ive got some predicted possible questions if that would help too?

(Original post by saira123x)
    I am also doing tectonics for Unit 4 and I am really struggling atm in terms of what to revise, because I am an external student. If anyone has any notes/help/prediction questions they could email me I would really appreciate it. Also I have noticed the January 2011 question is very similar, if anyone could email me a decent report to that that too I would be grateful.. I could also email my January 2011 report back to you once I've done it. Any help please (Same goes for unit 3 pre release)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillyac)
    Guysss PLEASEEEE did anyone do a sample report for U4 Tectonics??or has found a sample from January 2011?i need so much help with phrasing,structure etc..i have all the points i want to add but dont know how to elaborate on them!i need to see a sample!I found some online for 2011 but they dont follow the right structure or they arr copy-pastes from the textbook..so im guessing they would be marked really low..please help!anyone have a report from their teacher or something that was marked??Thanksss
    I have one, message back if it would help

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.