Turn on thread page Beta

is it worth going to uni to do a business management degree? or better doing an apprenticeship?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Do you know what options you have with a degree v the options you have with your apprenticeship? With the degree, you'll leave with around (depending on your situation) £50k of debt. Whereas with the apprenticeship, you get paid to learn on the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Do you know what options you have with a degree v the options you have with your apprenticeship? With the degree, you'll leave with around (depending on your situation) £50k of debt. Whereas with the apprenticeship, you get paid to learn on the job.
    I'm in Scotland and live with parents - so I could go to uni debt - free. However, I'd just be scared of failing or not coping with the workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'm hoping to get an apprenticeship at Selex ES,offering 16.5k and annual pay increases. It's a 2 year program and you get an HNC too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    I'm hoping to get an apprenticeship at Selex ES,offering 16.5k and annual pay increases. It's a 2 year program and you get an HNC too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That for me personally, sounds much better. Partly because (although, you can do a year in industry at uni) of the work experience.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

If you get the HNC and decide you want to do a degree and Selex doesn't offer this, you do have the option of doing a top-up at uni.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    I'm in Scotland and live with parents - so I could go to uni debt - free. However, I'd just be scared of failing or not coping with the workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just do a pros and cons list. Tiger rag has pointed out the single most importamt issue imo £50k debt. That takes a lot of paying back.

You can do an apprenticeship and go to uni later if need be. Quality of apprenticeships vary, bu hat one sounds organised.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.