Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm terrified I'm going to fail my A-levels for the second time Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking three a-level exams from last year to boost my grades from BBBB to hopefully AAAB but I'm so worried I'll fail again. I'm lacking motivation, my parents aren't particularly interested in making me work - in fact they keep persuading me to do other things. My old teachers have been pretty bad at replying to emails and marking work and I've spent the last month either in rehearsals for a play or attending uni visit days which take out huge chunks from the middle of my week (typically Tuesday to Thursday). It's stressing me out because I feel like I don't have the time to work and recent work back is kind of in the middle positive. It's got to the point I'm so stressed out I want to lock myself in my room and work rather than go anywhere even though I'm super busy. I feel like time is running out and I only have 3 months left! Help me!

ReputationRep:
    B isn't failing exam.Just revise everything and learn those things that u thought u couldn't manage to study last time due to shortage of time.It should be fine and u already have B,u passed the exam,it can either be better or same since they only choose the best of two sitting for same unit.What do u have to lose anyway?Don't take stress and give ur best.If it still doesn't improve,u can always move on to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, only I had A*BBB last year for and need AAA for uni, I'm terrified of not meeting my uni offers but I guess we just have to forget about exams for the moment and focus on learning the content - that's what's helped calm me down anyway, I haven't thought much about exams and I probably won't till after Easter! What exams are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    I'm in the same position, only I had A*BBB last year for and need AAA for uni, I'm terrified of not meeting my uni offers but I guess we just have to forget about exams for the moment and focus on learning the content - that's what's helped calm me down anyway, I haven't thought much about exams and I probably won't till after Easter! What exams are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    English, Drama and German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiealilucie)
    English, Drama and German
    Ah well good luck preparing for them! I'm sure we'll both be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.