Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesyesyesno)
    Guys, can you do the f(k)=......=5m for an e.g divisible by 5 questions and then rearrange for one term and sub into f(k+1) for *every* divisibility induction question? I think it's my preferred method now. A reply would be much appreciated.
    Please reply to my last post..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    What have you done so far? Do you have equations of the tangents to both points P and Q. You then need to equate the equations of the tangents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey with divisibility proofs, what is the let f(k) = bla bla method?

Cheers! (n how would I do it for the one I posted a few posts above)

ReputationRep:
    Is there an alternative method for 6. (b) ? This one looks long-winded.

https://0025309b76bc88a0e4c3444acd03...%20kprime2.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Is this method fine for proof divisibility? (didn't complete the q in its entirety i know..)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Im really worried about this seeing that C1 was much harder than previous papers I think this might be the same

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering about divisibility proofs. When it comes to the inductive stage and you do f(k+1), lets say that you manage to simplify it and you factor out something that is a multiple of the factor (e.g. you get like 3(2)( an^2+bn+c) and the question asks to prove that f(n) is divisible by 3). Could the induction step be finished then? Or is it compulsory to do f(k+1)-f(k) cause they pretty much show the same thing... right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    Was just wondering about divisibility proofs. When it comes to the inductive stage and you do f(k+1), lets say that you manage to simplify it and you factor out something that is a multiple of the factor (e.g. you get like 3(2)( an^2+bn+c) and the question asks to prove that f(n) is divisible by 3). Could the induction step be finished then? Or is it compulsory to do f(k+1)-f(k) cause they pretty much show the same thing... right?
    You could be finished right there and then, yes. It's not compulsory to do f(k+1) - f(k), no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBall)
    Is this method fine for proof divisibility?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes.
    Thanks bud

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else sat around waiting for examsolutions man to finish the video solutions for FP1 june 2015? Or just me?

question 8b and c are what I need so I may be waiting a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes.
    Zacken please can you explain the f(k) = 5m or whatever method please very briefly?

Cheers...

ReputationRep:
    When multiplying a matrix by an inverse of another matrix, how do you know what side to put the inverse on, if both matrices are 2x2, this really messes me up??

PLEASE HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken)
    When multiplying a matrix by an inverse of another matrix, how do you know what side to put the inverse on, if both matrices are 2x2, this really messes me up??

PLEASE HELP!!!
    depends on which side the non-inverse is on on the other side of the equation

ReputationRep:
    https://7cba9babeb0db0ff9468853e0b2d...%20Edexcel.pdf

On this mock paper, is question 8) (c) written wrong. Shouldn't the question be "The normal to H at P meets the curve again at the point Q."

Not the tangent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorbarr)
    depends on which side the non-inverse is on on the other side of the equation
    So if the non inverse is on the right hand side, then what?

ReputationRep:
    So if the non inverse is on the right hand side, then what?
    so u would put the inverse on the RHS of the other side, then if the non-inverse is on the left of the LHS u then put it on the LHS of the other side of the equation, if thats not confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorbarr)
    so u would put the inverse on the RHS of the other side, then if the non-inverse is on the left of the LHS u then put it on the LHS of the other side of the equation, if thats not confusing
    Oh ok isee, so it goes on the same side as it was before, when it moves to the other side.

ReputationRep:

PLEASE HELP!!!
    say we have MA=B where M,A,B are all matrices

we can multiply the left/right side of the equation to get what we need.

IE, finding M

M would be a result of post multiplying(right side) by the inverse of A

hence MA(A^-1)=B(A^-1)
    =>M=B(A^-1)

however if we wanted to find A we'd premultiply by m^-1

so (M^-1M)A=(M^-1)B

the trick to this is that M(M^-1)=(M^-1)M=I

where I=identity matrix.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok isee, so it goes on the same side as it was before, when it moves to the other side.
    If this helps
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music With Rocks)
    Anybody else sat around waiting for examsolutions man to finish the video solutions for FP1 june 2015? Or just me?

question 8b and c are what I need so I may be waiting a while...
    This one? This is from my notebook when i did the paper
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.