Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    other roots for z i cant remeber da question number n den we had to plot answers on a diagram

ReputationRep:
    That proof question do, how did you do it??

ReputationRep:
    dont discuss specific questions yet as some people have not taken the exam and we don't want to raise gb!

ReputationRep:
    Can we start discussing now? Everyone should be done by now right?

ReputationRep:
    Summation proof was a *****.

Some weird 1-2 markers in there.

ReputationRep:
    Screwed up the finding A question equated it to the real part instead of the imaginary part (which was a quadratic) :/

ReputationRep:
    That was not great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that was bloody terrible

ReputationRep:
    disappointed.
    I didnt realise that u had to apply completing the square to the matrix question.....lost 2 marks
    I couldnt prove that alpha was the root, i equated the equation to 0 and got the same but positive value (im not sure whether it is correct)??
    i couldnt find a and b nonetheless i managed to create an equation using the imaginary roots and did a bit of working that led nowhere. As a result i only showed the imaginary roots on the argand diagram....lost 4 marks
    For the last part in the matrix question i got k as x/5y, correct?
    last part i didnt manage to get it to k+1....lost 3 marks

End result=resit

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4101989

ReputationRep:
    anybody know if and when there will be an unofficial markscheme?

.. lets hope the grade broundaries are quite low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeB98)
    Summation proof was a *****.

Some weird 1-2 markers in there.
    Summation proof was alright imo. I think i got that correctly.
    What i couldn't find was (b) in raphson process and 7(d) about T which maps points onto itself for a value of k or something.

ReputationRep:
    There was a question that destroyed me, i think it was the one before the proof cas i felt like i forgot everything when i skipped two parts of it. Does anyone remember the question

ReputationRep:
    **** me that was unexpected. so many questions i got stuck on, p and q for complex roots, descriptions of geometric transformations, proof of summation, coordinates of parabola

i've been getting like 98% on past papers and on this **** i must have gotten something like 70%

ReputationRep:
    😭😭😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    Gutted. I'm such a ****ing idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right we need an unofficial mark scheme asap, just so I know what badly I did, I mean **** that was hard

ReputationRep:
    That was a very difficult paper compared to previous years. I completed both gold level papers yesterday with 1 or 2 small silly errors however today I think I got roughly 60/75. I am quite upset as I need to get 3 A's for UCL and I needed to do better on this paper.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

That was awful, on past papers I finished in plenty of time and always got full marks or only dropped a few. I barely finished and when I started checking I noticed a mistake that I didn't have time to correct

ReputationRep:
    OMG
    The last question 9b I cannot prove!! I equate them together but there was 5p cube sth...
    Probably gain one mark for the method.
    Also, for 9c, I forgot to equate the y coordinate to zero!! My mind was all about the x coordinate greater than zero lol.
    Waiting for Arsey's answer...
    Let's hope the grade boundary of this will be around 66/67 for 90...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.