Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon-)
    **** me that was unexpected. so many questions i got stuck on, p and q for complex roots, descriptions of geometric transformations, proof of summation, coordinates of parabola

i've been getting like 98% on past papers and on this **** i must have gotten something like 70%
    Ive been getting 100% there was one question that basically made me forget everything ive ever learnt in FP1. I normally complete proof in 5 min but my brain was so damaged by the previous question that it took my 15 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt resitting it

ReputationRep:
    Trust messed that one up bad lost at least 15-20 marks

ReputationRep:
    On the second proof I got to 5*(1/3)^k+2 + 4/3
    Not k+1 how did anyone else get to the answer for the second proof

ReputationRep:
    Both co-ordinate system questions and the first proof by induction completely destroyed my soul

ReputationRep:
    I thought apart from the last question the paper was straight forward. (Don't roast me plz)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econecon*)
    OMG
    The last question 9b I cannot prove!! I equate them together but there was 5p cube sth...
    Probably gain one mark for the method.
    Also, I forgot to equate the y coordinate to zero!! My mind was all about the x coordinate greater than zero lol.
    Waiting for Arsey's answer...
    Let's hope the grade boundary of this will be around 66/67 for 90...
    Lol i couldnt prove x so i equated whatever i had to their x and used their x and subbed it in the y=-x to prove the y coordinate. The last part to find the midpoint i was getting there doing 1/2* x coordinate of p + x coordinate
    Same with y but i couldnt finish it as time finished. I really wish arsey releases the papers quick. I saw the paper on the table i was so tempted to tak a few pictures. Lol

ReputationRep:
    Someone please make a hitler reacts to fp1 vid
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    **** my life and everything in it that was brutal. I feel such a ****ing fool for not understanding the z^2 + 2z is real bit. Didn't even get to finish my proof for the summation.. Edexcel is reaming me in the ass man wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you do 7(d)? Find the value of k for which T maps points on y=kx onto itself?

ReputationRep:
    Probably got like 62/75. So stupid of me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to get very very high mark on this because my decision maths and stats aren't good. Now, I truly feel that PRESSURE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orwellianhipster)
    Someone please make a hitler reacts to fp1 vid
    He wont react, same thing that happened to us will happen to him blood would just stop flowing to his brain and he'll die

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4099059

ReputationRep:
    That was ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    **** my life and everything in it that was brutal. I feel such a ****ing fool for not understanding the z^2 + 2z is real bit. Didn't even get to finish my proof for the summation.. Edexcel is reaming me in the ass man wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too!!!! ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very reasonable paper, I would expect standard boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econecon*)
    I was hoping to get very very high mark on this because my decision maths and stats aren't good. Now, I truly feel that PRESSURE!!
    Practice D1 its easy to get 100% as its just learning the method theres no hard questions that you wont understand.

ReputationRep:
    Wait i just realized i'm talking about the IAL one, so the GCE was hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    Very reasonable paper, I would expect standard boundaries
    Lol youre the only one who thinks its reasonable i think ot was twice as hard as last years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.