Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    Very reasonable paper, I would expect standard boundaries
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    For 7d bascially it was worded weirdly but you had to find the inverse and multiply by the coordinates to get p and q. Answers were -3 and -9 I think cant remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallekmo)
    Practice D1 its easy to get 100% as its just learning the method theres no hard questions that you wont understand.
    Thank you so much!!! Will do lots of papers to get the grade I need
    Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Me too!!!! ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean which part was the real part i got confused and messed up

ReputationRep:
    The proof series question was only tricky question.

ReputationRep:
    guys DONT WORRY

last year I did FP1 and I came out feeling like I got 60% but I ended up getting 85/100 ums

ReputationRep:
    When M3 is easier than FP1... Still think I got 75, but boy was it hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallekmo)
    Lol youre the only one who thinks its reasonable i think ot was twice as hard as last years.
    It really wasn't bad...? Maybe the coordinate systems were a bit unexpected but you can't expect it to be the same stuff every year; that would be too easy.

The proof was also reasonable once you spotted the difference of two squares.

ReputationRep:
    I think that exam was a bit tougher than usual, built up from the easy questions at the start to some potentially more difficult and wordy ones at the end. Might have lost 2 marks on wordy stuff.

Another tricky one was the last part of question 9. Did anybody get 5 root 2 as their x coordinate of M? Apart from that, it was a pretty standard paper.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    minimum 71/75

1st part of the last proof was insane - 2/5
    the self inversing - 0/1

only errors i can think of that I made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver123Revilo)
    That paper was so easy u people are just idiots complaining on the time u haven´t used for revising i will get 75/75 because that paper was seriously straight forward start learning and live a happier life
    Yes, you might get 75/75, but if you go into your Cambridge interview speaking with such appalling grammar, they'll probably refer you to Keale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themechguy)
    I think that exam was a bit tougher than usual, built up from the easy questions at the start to some potentially more difficult and wordy ones at the end. Might have lost 2 marks on wordy stuff.

Another tricky one was the last part of question 9. Did anybody get 5 root 2 as their x coordinate of M? Apart from that, it was a pretty standard paper.
    Think I got 15root2 over 4 or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chirstos Ioannou)
    How did you do 7(d)? Find the value of k for which T maps points on y=kx onto itself?
    i got k=y/5x

ReputationRep:
    Was decent tbh just realised at the last minute that 9b was difference of 2 squares and couldn't finish writing in time

ReputationRep:
    Ok so what was the value of x for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themechguy)
    Yes, you might get 75/75, but if you go into your Cambridge interview speaking with such appalling grammar, they'll probably refer you to Keale.
    That is why i am not appalling with such a grammar in a cambridge interview but someone had to say it

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else run out of time

ReputationRep:
    For the z^2+2z question did we have to say that the imaginary part was equal to zero? Took me forever, overthinking a ****ing 1 marker... :/

Series proof wasn't too good, kinda bsed it (started working backward lol).

The last part of the last question stumped me, and a few other weird ones; like that geometrical one on Q7 with the argand diagram.

ReputationRep:
    N/6(38n^2 +15n +1)
    X^2 -4x +8
    P=-3 q=-9
    M = (15root2/4,0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaPeed)
    Think I got 15root2 over 4 or something along those lines.
    Idk if I was right or you are right... sorry!

(Original post by tejsanghavi)
    i got k=y/5x
    IAL paper? If talking about IAL please say so..

(Original post by Pyslocke)
    Ok so what was the value of x for the last question?
    5 root 2 is what I got, probably wrong

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.