Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was the self inverse matrix R or T , cus i bloody used T as the matrix and now everyonr says its R thats the matrix, would i lose make for calling it wrong

ReputationRep:
    For you, maybe. But in most people's opinion this was the hardest ever UK FP1 paper, which I agree with. In fact, I think it's the second hardest overall FP1 paper including IAL, coming second only to Jan 2016.

(Original post by beta_tester)
    it was a very easy paper though, and it was 69 for an A one year

ReputationRep:
    Idiosyncrasy

ReputationRep:
    I'd need to see the paper in order to know how badly I've done - I have a feeling around 64 marks may be what I'm looking at though, or less It's annoying to be honest.. I only have myself to blame for the silly errors. Although, as Krollo said - is 'self inverting' matrices or whatever that shitstorm was on the specification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRandomGenius)
    For you, maybe. But in most people's opinion this was the hardest ever UK FP1 paper, which I agree with. In fact, I think it's the second hardest overall FP1 paper including IAL, coming second only to Jan 2016.
    hardest fp1 paper ever damn you wild but you right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messi555)
    Idiosyncrasy
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    gonna go **** my grandad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie Wilczek)
    I was completely shocked on Wednesday cause I am not a mechanics expert (I tend to get like 80-85% in M3) but on Wednesday every single thing went so smooth. Today tho... I think I'll get the lowest FP1 grade in my life. 😂 I think I lost like 8 marks and all in such a stupid way. What a nightmare. Btw maybe u remember how much were the last two subsequent ions in question 9 worth?
    ☺️🙃
    Other way around for me; I'd got A* in most past papers, then I just froze when I saw the peg.

Can't remember how many marks they were, sorry.

(Original post by metrize)
    Do people do maths as and further as at the same time or do maths a level in one year then further maths a level second year
    I'm doing AS and A2 Further Maths this year, but it seems to be very rare (that doesn't mean you shouldn't try)

ReputationRep:
    it was a very easy paper though, and it was 69 for an A one year
    "It was a very easy paper"

The majority of people I've talked to and who've commented don't think so, and most people agree this exam was harder than the one in 2015, and in 2015, an A in FP1 was 62/75.

So I'm willing to bet that the A grade boundary will probably be in the range of 59-61 (unless the majority of people score highly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLk1)
    What was the question about for 12.468?
    Newton raphson method
    cant remember f(x) though

ReputationRep:
    anyone else trying to look at people's fp1 reactions on twitter but just sees motorcycles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Although, as Krollo said - is 'self inverting' matrices or whatever that shitstorm was on the specification?
    Finding the inverse of a matrix is a common question, and as long as you can speak English, "self-inverse" should be fairly intuitive. I think it was just worded in a new way, which confused some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    Enlargement scale factor 2 followed by a translation of something like (-4,-3) dont remember the exact number
    Sorry to dishearten you mate, but you can't translate a matrix... only rotate,enlarge, or reflect....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haamoo7)
    "It was a very easy paper"

The majority of people I've talked to and who've commented don't think so, and most people agree this exam was harder than the one in 2015, and in 2015, an A in FP1 was 62/75.

So I'm willing to bet that the A grade boundary will probably be in the range of 59-61 (unless the majority of people score highly).
    People say that every year, every single year people cry and cry about how hard the exam was, thing is, its the same difficulty almost every time but you feel worse about it because you actually sat it - whereas past papers are done and resolved in a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Other way around for me; I'd got A* in most past papers, then I just froze when I saw the peg.

Can't remember how many marks they were, sorry.

I'm doing AS and A2 Further Maths this year, but it seems to be very rare (that doesn't mean you shouldn't try)
    Im currently doing a level maths this year and further next year, thanks for the reply, best of luck in your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    Was the self inverse matrix R or T , cus i bloody used T as the matrix and now everyonr says its R thats the matrix, would i lose make for calling it wrong
    Matrix R represented transformation T. So the matrix was R.

ReputationRep:
    People say that every year, every single year people cry and cry about how hard the exam was, thing is, its the same difficulty almost every time but you feel worse about it because you actually sat it - whereas past papers are done and resolved in a few hours.
    Nope. Just because the past papers were done at home, it doesn't mean that they're a lot easier. The difficulty of all the edexcel maths papers has definitely been increasing year-on-year recently, and this was definitely the hardest there's ever been (for UK papers - Jan 2016 IAL was a shocker).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Finding the inverse of a matrix is a common question, and as long as you can speak English, "self-inverse" should be fairly intuitive. I think it was just worded in a new way, which confused some people.
    (matrix)^2 = Identity matrix
    Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths)
    (matrix)^2 = I
    Right?
    I did it by finding the inverse, and stating that it equals the original matrix.

ReputationRep:
    Fair point.

But as somebody who has sat last years exam and this years too, I can comfortably say that I walked out of the exam hall feeling much worse than last year.

Meh. My hopes of improving my UMS from 94 last year to 100 is over.

):

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.