Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else thinking that they need to revise but constantly refreshing this page til Arsey appears with model answers cos same

ReputationRep:
    Has Arsey posted the answers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westonr)
    Anyone else thinking that they need to revise but constantly refreshing this page til Arsey appears with model answers cos same
    Just wanna find out how I did xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Well I suppose it'll be up later. And if it does turn out to be the hardest paper ever, then I guess I apologise for my presumptions...
    I'd say 1-6 was standard, question 7 was slightly hard, 8B was alright, 8A was incredibly hard, 9A was fine, 9B was borderline impossible, 9C wasn't too hard but the stress from not doing 9B can get you. Considering fp1 is usually all standard, the few 'impossible' questions in this paper mean its the hardest paper ever. so don't expect something crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westonr)
    Exactly what I'm doing and have been for last couple of hours haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonty258)
    Exactly what I'm doing and have been for last couple of hours haha
    Yep same, I'm not sure I want to know how I did though

ReputationRep:
    Are they ( edexcel) really try to kill us ??

ReputationRep:
    I think i didn't do well because i sorta messed up something in the modulus argument question, and i got a=0 which seems too good to be true. And I spent quite a lot of time doing question 9 and the first part of the proof by induction question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda nguyen)
    What questions did you find hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda nguyen)
    I think so because i got 100% in all maths mocks but i still find this difficult

ReputationRep:
    For the question describing the geometric relationship between OP and QR, how many marks should I get I just wrote "OP is parallel to QR, with QR=2OP"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    I'd say 1-6 was standard, question 7 was slightly hard, 8B was alright, 8A was incredibly hard, 9A was fine, 9B was borderline impossible, 9C wasn't too hard but the stress from not doing 9B can get you. Considering fp1 is usually all standard, the few 'impossible' questions in this paper mean its the hardest paper ever. so don't expect something crazy.
    This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't do 9B for **** which lead to losing the marks for 9C completely lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewitt77)
    +-sqr2/2 (+-1/sqr2)
    9/2*x^1/2 + 25/2*x^-3/2
    12.467 (I double checked this however may still be wrong)
    a=38 b=15 c=1
    2-2i, -8i, p=-4 q=8
    1/p
    anti clockwise rotation 45 degree about (0,0) (this may be wrong)
    p=-3 q=-9, matrix (0 1 (bottom line 1 0))
    a^2 +2a -4 + 4i(a +1), a=-1, sqr5 and 2.03 rad, QR twice the length of OP and QR is parallel to OP
    x=15sqr2/4
    i got the matrix as anticlockwise rotation 135 degrees about (0,0)! And i didnt know wether the put the modulus as root 5 or put that to 3sf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaac_wood_)
    i got the matrix as anticlockwise rotation 135 degrees about (0,0)! And i didnt know wether the put the modulus as root 5 or put that to 3sf?
    Wasn't it 3dp ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuu00)
    This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't do 9B for **** which lead to losing the marks for 9C completely lol
    how many marks do you think you dropped?

ReputationRep:
    Wait do people actually think this paper was hard?

I could see the 9b however everything else was standard. Maybe 8i (induction) however that wasn't that bad.

Anyways how did you guys prove that R is its own inverse?

I did Found that R^2 = I
    R^{-1}R^2 = R^{-1} I
    R = R^{-1}

I wonder if I will lose marks for this.

Also what was the geometry for the lines OP and (QR?). I think I said one was double the length of the other and they were in the same direction.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the argument to 3dp and the modulus to whatever you want... I mean, if it's root5, doesn't it make sense to just leave it at root5. The argument wasn't a value of pi, so it made sense to round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    how many marks do you think you dropped?
    I honestly don't know... hopefully 6 but including careless error it's looking more like 10 fml. Can't wait for the model answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovetacobell)
    I think i didn't do well because i sorta messed up something in the modulus argument question, and i got a=0 which seems too good to be true. And I spent quite a lot of time doing question 9 and the first part of the proof by induction question.
    Yeah but it said in the question that a isn't equal to zero. I messed that one up as well and got a=-6 as i forgot that the imaginary part is equal to zero...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Me too!!!! ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea if I done that one right I got like -2/3 or something for the value of a! what did you get?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.