The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Orwellianhipster
Only twice, bruh I did the paper 6 times then discovered the cure for cancer and still had time to nap

Give me the cure please, cos this reply just gave me cancer. Deadest bant I've seen on TSR today.
need the model answer for fp1
Relatively easy paper but it is always more difficult when you are in the exam.
Im so angry at my stupid mistakes. I hope I can still get an A for this paper
Original post by iMacJack
Congratulations to those who got 100% - very well done - was an obscure paper. To those, like me, who didn't - oh well, we'll move on and smash our other modules.

On to C2.

Why are you so positive aII the time, we got wrecked!

C2 wiII wreck us to :colonhash:

WHY THE **** ARE THEY D0ING THIS T0 MY ****ING YEAR IT'S N0T FAIR :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Original post by Princepieman
They're not being serious

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the paper g?
a very good paper i reckon. a bit like the old p4/5/6 papers than the 2009 and after fp1 papers. you must be very clear with your concepts. (sadly i don't have cause i got write down p^2=2 instead of p^2=1/2 lol.....) expect lower grade boundaries then 2015.
Original post by StarsOrNothing
Give me the cure please, cos this reply just gave me cancer. Deadest bant I've seen on TSR today.

what like your mum
Original post by Sophie Wilczek
Please please!

Can i have a copy please
Original post by Thing_14
5 marks

I feel so bad as I think I got a high B or possibly low A and I needed 100ums but any I will just have to do really well in FP2,FP3,M2,M4 & M5. How did you guys do the parabola question because if you let m the be gradient of that chord and coordinates were (ap2,2ap) (aq2,2aq) then m=(2ap-2aq)/(ap2-aq2)=2/(p+q)
then chord would be y-2ap=(2/(p+q))(x-ap2) and i get y(p+q)=2x+2ap(1-p) which isn't y(p+q)=2x+2apq which is what you were suppose to show.
Original post by midgemeister7
there was an area of a triangle question!?!

that was from the edexcel IAL paper which was also today.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Orwellianhipster
Only twice, bruh I did the paper 6 times then discovered the cure for cancer and still had time to nap

I slightly love you for this comment 😂👌🏻
That first induction proof pissed me off so much, i can usually do them but this time couldn't get past inductive step i don't know why :/
Original post by caitlinbirchal
anyone got the link for the hitler reacts??

[video="youtube;h1zXCvs_mFk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1zXCvs_mFk&feature=share[/video]
Genuinely found this deeply easy.
Reply 1676
Original post by plissken0609
Relatively easy paper but it is always more difficult when you are in the exam.

I agree, had a panic trying to prove A for Q9, dropped my pencil case on the floor and gave everyone a heart attack. Eventually managed to prove it but I think I've made some silly mistakes ._.
Original post by Sadidas2002
The easiest FP1 paper by a long way. 100UMS guaranteed. But then again I was taught by Bal Dhillon so I have a huge advantage in further maths.
-Abraham de Moivre

U have a huge afvantage in FM cause ur surname is de Moivre... #fp2
Original post by Yunique
How did you find the paper g?

Was ok until I got to the question about finding a, at that moment I knew my soul would be whisked out of me and shredded into miniscule pieces of stardust. The rest of the question was so easy as well but without a I couldn't do it.

Then the cluster storm of proving the chord equation. Even though I realise now it was just y2-y1/x2-x1.. Guess the fact that it was all unknowns messed with me.

Got buried in a weed of algebra for the induction on summation proof. Didn't have enough time to finish finding the mid-point of the last Q and to prove the self-inverse thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boundaries seem to always be high for fp1 so I fear low grade boundaries won't even be that low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending