Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    C2 for me. God knows why I'm doing all exams in one go, this is torture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This paper is gonna be worst! It wiII probably ask us to find  (2-3x)^6^9 using pascal's triangle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken)
    Was the answer to the first question root half which equals +/- root 2 over 2????
    Yeah I got that

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4102755

here you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken)
    Was the answer to the first question root half which equals +/- root 2 over 2????
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    U are actually too much quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    FP2. How did you find it today?
    Sorry I did not sit that exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Can anyone remember what they got for the recurrence relation one please, was the power k+1 in the end? Thanks
    Yeah it comes out as k+1 ... if you got k+2 then you multiplied twice by 1/3 (first the 5, then the 1/3^k )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Sorry I did not sit that exam!
    Oh okay, what's your next one then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yunique)
    This paper is gonna be worst! It wiII probably ask us to find  (2-3x)^6^9 using pascal's triangle
    Please, 69 is far to easy - they'll at least want it ^9873

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid.mubasher)
    Yeah it comes out as k+1 ... if you got k+2 then you multiplied twice by 1/3 (first the 5, then the 1/3^k )
    So K+1 is right and k+2 is wrong? Haha sorry struggling to remember the question! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    Oh okay, what's your next one then?
    Name:  g7.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaPeed)
    I thought apart from the last question the paper was straight forward. (Don't roast me plz)
    nerd, get roasted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    Hopefully 75 for me, but I can see why people were annoyed.

I don't think the self-inverse is in the spec, and if it is it hadn't come up for years... it was just about reasonable to infer what it meant from the context, but I know a lot of good students who didn't.

Question 8a was more algebraically involved than is typical; ditto for the last two parts of question 9. Other than the last few questions I think the paper was generally reasonable though, and even on the harder questions there were gift marks to be had.

On the whole a step up from last year, but I fear not as big a step up as general consensus would suggest... similarly grade boundaries will probably go down a bit, but maybe not that much. An A in the high fifties is possible, but I wouldn't like to cast much judgment yet.
    I'm A2 student as well, the paper is harder than last year but most of question was fine. But the self inverse which made me have no idea what to do which I just put that reflection at y=-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Did you manage to do it? I couldn't :/
    No, I think I got half way but i ended up with 1+p^2 on the bottom and I couldn't figure out where to go next But I did manage to do the other one luckily Did you get the second one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinalpatel)
    No, I think I got half way but i ended up with 1+p^2 on the bottom and I couldn't figure out where to go next But I did manage to do the other one luckily Did you get the second one?
    Yeah me too I got close to the end but just couldn't do it Yeah I got the second one! It made me feel a lot better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Easy, however I did get the signs mixed up when using a common denominator at first; the recurrence relation one was very simple.
    yeah I nearly made sign mistake with the -1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallekmo)
    Lol youre the only one who thinks its reasonable i think ot was twice as hard as last years.
    ikr, i did all the past papers an rarely struggled got at least a B on all of them. whereas that was awful im not even sure i'll pass.
    Q's 1-4 = full marks.
    5 = i dont even know what happened.
    6 = not good.
    7= nearly got it but forgot to factorise "i" out.
    8= may have got some marks.
    9= dont even remeber what question that was.

oh well just need 100% on M1 D1 an D2 now and it will be fine...

ReputationRep:
    This paper was so easy, whats the fuss about?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4102755

All the answers ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mallows23)
    I thought it was relatively easy you clearly didn't revise definitely 75/75 for me
    Wow your good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.