Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, how do you be in a relationship and not end up as a misogynist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So background is I've been arguing with my gf for the past day over the fact,that she asked me to come to pick something up with her and I declined because I had work to do (job apps & prep for an interview). She didnt need me to be there, she said she just would have liked me to come.

She said she thinks I was being selfish by refusing to come, which is crazy given I told her I wasnt coming because I had work to do. I thought maybe there was a bigger problem she might be mad about,but I asked her, and there isnt one. She's being unreasonable and letting herself be ruled by her emotions, and its not just her - other GFs in the past have acted similarly.

I've thought about dating other people, but what's the point when all relationships turn out the same - there'll be a honeymoon period for like 6 months where the girl's really sweet and nice, but then when the novelty wears off, she'll reveal her craziness, and you'll just want to find someone else again.

When women are like this all the time, I really dont know how you can date women and not become misogynistic?

Also, I'm not condoning misogyny here (quite the opposite, in fact), I'm just reflecting on fact that a lot of women have traits that make them very difficult to be with.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Maybe you're just chasing after the wrong women. I don't lose my **** if my boyfriend can't come with me to xyz etc. We're both independent people and sometimes it's nice to do things on your own.

ReputationRep:
    The irony is, if you made yourself available to her 24/7 and dropped everything to accommodate her requests, she's slowly lose respect/get bored and then eventually leave you. Okay, she's acting immature about it now, but in the long-run it's more healthy doing what you did. Besides, as you said, she didn't need you.

As for not becoming a misogynstic; ya'know, sadly sometimes it's really hard. Same as I'm sure women have a hard time liking men. What you've got to remember is that everyone is different, and whilst we may have an overabundance of idiots in today's society, there's also plenty of decent folk too. You've just got to know where to look.

In regards to your relationships, I think it might be a good idea to sit down and talk with your partner. Thinking about finding someone us isn't a healthy mindset to have.

ReputationRep:
    If she called me selfish i'd drive to her house and sit with the doors locked and then drive off when she approached the car.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.