Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just thought I'd make a thread to discuss everything ES from what is your favourite game in the series, to what you hope ES6 will be like or more importantly, when the release date will finally be and anything else ES related you want to chat about.

I've played all the games but never got into them until about 4 years ago. Skyrim is my favourite overall and then followed by Oblivion. I play them on PC. The only one I haven't tried is ESO. I've never played a MMORPG before like WoW so I don't know if I would like it plus I've heard some bad reviews about the game but will get around to buying it eventually no doubt.

I'm looking forward to the release of ES6. Hopefully we have a proper release date soon but I doubt it since Bethesda have just got over the heat from releasing Fallout4. I've read some sites saying it'll be released by the end of this year (I wish) or the end of next year, that seems more believable.

ReputationRep:
    Probably in the minority, but I'm kind of hoping they do an 'Oblivion 2'.
    Absoloutly loved Oblivion.

Skyrim was top drawer too, but didn't have the same kind of charm in my opinion. Pretty sure my PC would crash with the amount of mods I have.

ESO is OK. Nothing special. It's F2P now, so it might be worth giving it a go. Then again, I haven't played it since launch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhaegoTarg)
    Probably in the minority, but I'm kind of hoping they do an 'Oblivion 2'.
    Absoloutly loved Oblivion.
    I second that - an "Oblivion 2" or whatever they choose to name it would be insane.

Albeit I played Oblivion on 360, I LOVED it.
    Without a doubt I prefer it to Skyrim, I feel as if the players "hand wasn't held AS tight" as it is on Skyrim, where on Skyrim the majority of quests/jobs are blatantly obvious - mainly down to the map/waypoint setup and quests themselves etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    I second that - an "Oblivion 2" or whatever they choose to name it would be insane.

Albeit I played Oblivion on 360, I LOVED it.
    Without a doubt I prefer it to Skyrim, I feel as if the players "hand wasn't held AS tight" as it is on Skyrim, where on Skyrim the majority of quests/jobs are blatantly obvious - mainly down to the map/waypoint setup and quests themselves etc.
    Remember the final mission of the Theives Guild Quest?
    That was epic. Robbing the Market District of Imperial City blind, at level 1. Good fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhaegoTarg)
    Remember the final mission of the Theives Guild Quest?
    That was epic. Robbing the Market District of Imperial City blind, at level 1. Good fun.
    I do, the guilds were just awesome in that game.
    I can remember just putting on "The Gray Fox"'s mask on and people losing their ****.
    That whole final quest was truly incredible.

What about when Mehrunes Dagon enters the Imperial City?

ReputationRep:
    Oblivion is still my favourite game ever The Shivering Isles was incredible.

I loved Skyrim, but I didn't get the same pleasure exploring the world for days at a time. Cyrodiil was just a nice place to spend time hunting nirnroot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What races do you guys do? I always go khajiit. In Skyrim, I have played from scratch 5 times and each time I always went as a khajiit and would name that character after one of my 5 cats I think I went as a wood elf once when I played Oblivion then switched to khajiit. Crazy cat lady right enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PangXie)
    Oblivion is still my favourite game ever The Shivering Isles was incredible.

I loved Skyrim, but I didn't get the same pleasure exploring the world for days at a time. Cyrodiil was just a nice place to spend time hunting nirnroot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alchemy in general was great fun. Although, I wish you could use the poison apples to make a poison. Would have been OP as hell though. They're working on an Oblivion project called Skyblivion. It's Obvlion with the Skyrim engine.

Think they're still a fair way away from completing it.

ReputationRep:
    I love morrowind, Great House Telvanni is just so cool! I always play as a Dunmer because after all the Dunmer are Tamriel's master race. I love the freedom the game gives you as well. You can do pretty much anything in Morrowind, and the modding community for it is brilliant. It's a shame they stopped all that for oblivion and onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    What races do you guys do? I always go khajiit. In Skyrim, I have played from scratch 5 times and each time I always went as a khajiit and would name that character after one of my 5 cats I think I went as a wood elf once when I played Oblivion then switched to khajiit. Crazy cat lady right enough
    I was always a Wood Elf for some reason. My name was Frodo and I basically insta-killed everything with my bow. I would lurk in people's houses until they went to sleep and then robbed them blind!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Loved Skyrim to bits, particularly with all the mods.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already counting down the days until the next game.

I still look back on Morrowind as the best of the last three. Although there may be a bit of rose tinted spectacles there. The initial release was so buggy it crashed every 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Given the situation is Skyrim, I think the next game will be set in the Summerset Isles or Hammerfell. They've introduced the Thalmor and have to resolve that, this would be most easily done in the Summerset Isle but given how racist the Thalmor or story-wise it may be difficult to explain how someone from another race is accepted into the various guilds and factions in an Elder Scrolls game. Hammerfell could be a good alternative as they're the only country to defeat the Thalmor and are now seceded from the Empire, so could bring that story to a head with the Thalmor re-invading and the player having to defeat them once and for all.

Hard to decide which I prefer Oblivion or Skyrim (the only two I've played), it was easier to make the character I wanted in Oblivion whereas my Skyrim character was forced through mechanics to be the greatsword weilding warrior he now is (I initially wanted a Spell-sword character, but the lack of ability to block attacks whilst duel weilding ending that idea). That being said I got alot more immersed in Skyrim and the shouts made the character feel unique and important. Most of my complaints of Skyrim are fairly small such as repetetive mission types. The main complaint I have was with their final two DLCs, hearthfire and Dragonborn. The house you make in Hearthfire didn't feel special, I'd have rather had a DLC where you make a fort or castle, although the batcave basement was a nice touch. Dragonborn was great, but the burnt/snowy landscape didn't really look that much different from Skyrim (shivering isles by comparison looked completely different), the lack of control while dragon riding was irritating (it would have been so bad if you could do something like selecting a fast travel destination and watch the dragon fly there, but nope you just fast travel), and they hinted spears and then didn't put them in there.

ReputationRep:
    I remember putting about 50 hours into Skyrim in the first week of it's release and still being no where near the end. That's the 'problem' with Bethesda games. I end up trying to do everything before tackling the main quest and then ultimately burn myself out.

Not sure about the Summer Isles. I would prefer Hammerfell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Loved Skyrim to bits, particularly with all the mods.
    I don't have many games but I have a lot of Bestheda games because I can just run around and do whatever.

I installed Skyrim with some mods and one of them makes the game very long. I have to chop wood down for fire, making sure I don't get too cold. Have to set up a tent if there is a blizzard etc. Sorta realistic like.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    I don't have many games but I have a lot of Bestheda games because I can just run around and do whatever.

I installed Skyrim with some mods and one of them makes the game very long. I have to chop wood down for fire, making sure I don't get too cold. Have to set up a tent if there is a blizzard etc. Sorta realistic like.
    Oh, I've heard about that. I think that would be too difficult for me though, I'm not the most skillful person ever! Most of the mods I installed were graphical mods to make the gameworld more pretty. The general cycle is Reinstall Skyrim > Spend 10 hours finding and installing mods > Game instantly crashes > Get frustrated and uninstall Skyrim > Repeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Oh, I've heard about that. I think that would be too difficult for me though, I'm not the most skillful person ever! Most of the mods I installed were graphical mods to make the gameworld more pretty. The general cycle is Reinstall Skyrim > Spend 10 hours finding and installing mods > Game instantly crashes > Get frustrated and uninstall Skyrim > Repeat.
    Do you use the nexus mod manager and loot?

Yeah I got loads of graphical mods they're sick
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Do you use the nexus mod manager and loot?

Yeah I got loads of graphical mods they're sick
    Nexus Mod Manager yes, I think I used BOSS instead of Loot and various other tools but my patience is not limitless! I must have repeated the above cycle at least five times so I think my Skyrim days are probably over

ENB though... so beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6: Black Marsh.

ReputationRep:
    God, the amount of hours I put into Skyrim, I was hooked on it.

I eventually exploited a glitch or something which made my armor give me super stats. 10000% regen rate or something and 1000000% weapon rate. Basically cut my way through everything.

Think I did everything apart from The Ebony Warrior and that Frost troll king in the dawnguard expansion that everyone has had a hard time defeating.

Can't forget the rain effects in Whiterun city, I'm a rain lover.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.