Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim and Oblivion are on par, in my opinion.

I usually go for the Wood Elves as I like being a hunter/thief.

ES6 has to be offline and, yes, I'd love an Oblivion v.2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really really hoping they announce ES6 at E3 this year as it's been 5 years since Skyrim already (time flies!!), but there seem to be conflicting rumours going around, some saying it could be announced at E3, others suggesting it's still a long way off and they said they were working on 3 new projects different to what they've done before which might not include ES, I'm not sure. So I'd be surprised if ES6 is announced or released this year or next year tbh

But when it does come I will be happy, it's going to be hard to follow Skyrim and wherever in Tamriel they set it (I just hope they set it somewhere new like Summerset Isle) might going to have the same spectacular mountainous setting as Skyrim, but it'll be amazing nevertheless, I hope they include a FO4 style building feature, Skyrim would have been even better if it had the building of FO4, the Hearthfire DLC was underwhelming and limited to say the least...

ReputationRep:
    I loved Skyrim. Oblivion's pretty good too, but I haven't got into it in the same way and haven't finished it yet. I haven't played the old ones or ESO.

(Original post by RhaegoTarg)
    ESO is OK. Nothing special. It's F2P now, so it might be worth giving it a go. Then again, I haven't played it since launch.
    It's B2P, not F2P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    I loved Skyrim. Oblivion's pretty good too, but I haven't got into it in the same way and haven't finished it yet. I haven't played the old ones or ESO.

It's B2P, not F2P.
    Of course. They've just dropped the sub fee haven't they.
    My mistake.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sitting playing Skyrim and my character was next to a Jarl and then Rambo, nay cat, decided to walk across my keyboard and of all the buttons he could press, it would be Z and that 'Fus To Dah'd!' the Jarl all the way across the bloody room
    I think Rambo may actually be the true Khajiit Dragonborn lol
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Downloading ESO as we speak.
    Going to give it another go.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I tried to play Oblivion twice. Absolutely loved it until I went into the hell world and just simply could not navigate myself around the maze like buildings and landscape. I ended up having to give up both times frustrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    I tried to play Oblivion twice. Absolutely loved it until I went into the hell world and just simply could not navigate myself around the maze like buildings and landscape. I ended up having to give up both times frustrated
    They can be frustrating at times. When you find the main tower and start climbing up it though, it's great. The sigil reward at the end is worth it too.

The only problem with Oblivion is that hasn't aged well. I tried playing it a few weeks back and it was difficult to get back into it.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    They can be frustrating at times. When you find the main tower and start climbing up it though, it's great. The sigil reward at the end is worth it too.

The only problem with Oblivion is that hasn't aged well. I tried playing it a few weeks back and it was difficult to get back into it.
    Reading this thread has made me want to try it again. I almost 100%'d Skyrim, and I feel Oblivion was the one that got away. I felt the story line and game in general was better, but was let down by the confusing navigation.

I feel RPG's are becoming more and more dumbed down now unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Reading this thread has made me want to try it again. I almost 100%'d Skyrim, and I feel Oblivion was the one that got away. I felt the story line and game in general was better, but was let down by the confusing navigation.

I feel RPG's are becoming more and more dumbed down now unfortunately.
    Download some graphic mods and go for it.
    There's one mod which makes the spell creator available almost from the start. Great fun to play around with.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Download some graphic mods and go for it.
    There's one mod which makes the spell creator available almost from the start. Great fun to play around with.
    I hadn't thought about graphics mods! I'm still playing through Xcom 2, so once I'm done with that I'll give Oblivion attempt number 3!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What quests do you love? I love In The Mind of Madness one in Skyrim. I also love A Night To Remember. I'm a big fan of the Daedric quests

Do you guys usually side with the Imperials or the Stormcloaks? Or do you just avoid the whole civil war side quests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love Elder Scrolls series. My introduction to it was Skyrim. Run through the story twice: first with a High Elf mage, Kiyala, then with a Khajit called Kalik. Every single time I play I end up with the Stormcloaks, joining the Theives and Assassins Guilds, and maxing out my magic, archery, stealth, one-handed, pickpocketing and lockpicking... and I cannot help myself. Who needs speech when you can shank and pinch everything in sight? (Strictly in-game, of course!)

Also, Shadowmere. Gotta love Shadowmere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Just thought I'd make a thread to discuss everything ES from what is your favourite game in the series, to what you hope ES6 will be like or more importantly, when the release date will finally be and anything else ES related you want to chat about.

I've played all the games but never got into them until about 4 years ago. Skyrim is my favourite overall and then followed by Oblivion. I play them on PC. The only one I haven't tried is ESO. I've never played a MMORPG before like WoW so I don't know if I would like it plus I've heard some bad reviews about the game but will get around to buying it eventually no doubt.

I'm looking forward to the release of ES6. Hopefully we have a proper release date soon but I doubt it since Bethesda have just got over the heat from releasing Fallout4. I've read some sites saying it'll be released by the end of this year (I wish) or the end of next year, that seems more believable.
    Interesting - I love the elder scrolls games, I actually replaced the Skyrim soundtrack with my own, that causes the player to approach the game completely differently, as my degree major project. Found out after that that was more of a masters-PhD scale project, rather than BA Hons project, but oh well, it was fun anyway :P

I have a few tracks up on my SoundCloud page if you'd like to take a listen.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What do you guys think of Skyrim's DLCs? I really couldn't get into Dragonborn much, don't know why. Just didn't really enjoy it so much. I enjoyed Dawnguard. I usually always side with them instead of with the vampires.

I've only built a house once in Skyrim so I've barely bothered with Hearthfire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    What do you guys think of Skyrim's DLCs? I really couldn't get into Dragonborn much, don't know why. Just didn't really enjoy it so much. I enjoyed Dawnguard. I usually always side with them instead of with the vampires.

I've only built a house once in Skyrim so I've barely bothered with Hearthfire
    Dawnguard is really good.
    If you're into mods, check out The Forgotten City.

Absolutely brilliant.

Got my Skyrim upto 48 mods now.
    All I've been playing recently!

ReputationRep:
    Oblivion is definitely my favourite. It had such a weird creepy atmosphere: skooma dealing khajiits, Skingrad vampires and the cannibals at Hackdirt being some pertinent examples.

ReputationRep:
    My skyrim is so NSFW modded :sexface: ....it is like the elder scrolls after dark :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Is Elderscrolls online any good? are there many active players on it? or is it a bit dead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Is Elderscrolls online any good? are there many active players on it? or is it a bit dead?
    Started playing it again last week.
    Got bored fairly easy.

It is good, but not the game for me.
    Active enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.